This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Extreme Survivors tells the illustrated story of 60 of the most daring escapes, famous shipwrecks, and ultimate survival stories. These are astonishing stories of human endurance and endeavour.
The statistics, descriptions, archive photographs and illustrative maps will give you a full understanding of how Joe Simpson crawled to safety in the South American Andean mountains, how Anthony Farrar-Hockley evaded capture after the Battle of Imjin River in the Korean War and how Shackleton’s men survived the incredible journey by boat to South Georgia.
Sixty of the world's greatest survival stories. Here is a selection of them:
· The Miracle of Stairway B, and how 16 people managed to escape death in the Twin Towers on 9/11.
· The infamous story of the Montevideo rugby union team’s plane crash in the Andes, and their subsequent admission of cannibalism – 2012 is the 40th anniversary of the crash.
· Mary Queen of Scots and her escape from a remote Scottish castle.
· Three men pull off what is possibly the only successful escape from Alcatraz.
· Henri Charrière’s (Papillon) five escape attempts from the Devil’s Island penal colony.
· The story of Dith Pran, the Cambodian journalist who escaped the genocide of Pol Pot.
· How the German soldier Cornelius Rost escaped from a labour camp in Siberia and trekked for 3 years to Iran.
· Ernest Shackleton’s incredible journey to South Georgia to save every man on an expedition.
· The story of 18 year old William Shotton and how he navigated his ship after most of the crew perished from a mystery disease in 1893.
· Naheeda Bi’s ten years in captivity after her notorious tribal kidnapping in Pakistan.
· The dramatic rescue of Íngrid Betancourt by Colombian security forces after six years as a hostage.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
‘The ultimate boys book that girls will like too.’ Adventure Travel Magazine
‘the most unbelievable death-defying stories ever.’ LoadedAbout the Author:
Bear Grylls is an English adventurer, writer and television presenter. He is best known for his television series Man vs. Wild, known as Born Survivor in the United Kingdom. In July 2009, Grylls was appointed the youngest ever Chief Scout at the age of 35.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0007482779 *BRAND NEW* Ships Same Day or Next!. Seller Inventory # NATARAJB1FI875936
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2012. Paperback. Condition: New. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0007482779n