The perfect gift for everyone aged 9 to 99. Includes paperback editions of David Walliams' first three books for children: The Boy in the Dress, Mr Stink and Billionaire Boy.
The Boy in the Dress
Dennis was different. Why was he different, you ask? Well, a small clue might be in the title of this book…
It all starts when Chloe makes friends with Mr Stink, the local tramp. Yes, he smells a bit. But when it looks like he might be driven out of town, Chloe decides to hide him in the garden shed.
Now Chloe's got to make sure no one finds out her secret. And speaking of secrets, there just might be more to Mr Stink than meets the eye… or the nose.
Joe has a lot of reasons to be happy. About a billion of them, in fact.
You see, Joe's rich. Really, really rich. Joe's got his own bowling alley, his own cinema, even his own butler who is also an orangutan. He's the wealthiest twelve-year-old in the land.
Yes, Joe has absolutely everything he could possibly want. But there’s just one thing he really needs: a friend…
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
PRAISE FOR DAVID WALLIAMS:
“A pleasure to read. A beguilingly funny, original and thought-provoking tale… hilarious” Amanda Craig, The Times
“I absolutely love David Walliams's books. In a few more years they will become classics.” – Sue Townsend, author of Adrian Mole
"A triumphant mix of wit and warmth" – Telegraph Books of the Year
“a new Roald Dahl” – The Times
"Another triumph for David Walliams. His books are a breath of wonderful fresh air" – The SunFrom the Publisher:
Praise for Billionaire Boy:
- "A triumphant mix of wit and warmth" Telegraph Books of the Year
- "Guaranteed to appeal to youngsters... definitely another hit for Walliams" Express
- "the funniest book that my eight-year-old has ever read in his life, ever, apparently" Telegraph
Praise for Mr Stink:
- "A pleasure to read. A beguilingly funny, original and thought-provoking tale" hilarious" Amanda Craig, The Times
- "Comic genius... A joy for kids both big and small." Edinburgh Evening News
- "A funny and very readable book" Financial Times
- "A joy" Time Out
- "A delight from start to finish... a new Roald Dahl" The Times
- "Even adults will find themselves chuckling at this outstanding book. And the illustrations rock!" Heat
Praise for The Boy in the Dress:
- "A great comic tale... Walliams is a natural wit" Evening Standard
- "Charming, funny, with lovely illustrations by Quentin Blake" The Times
- "Well written, funny, touching" Observer
- "Believable characters and a story that's original and intriguing" ***** Heat
- "Charming, surprising and hilarious " everything you would expect from David Walliams" **** Look Magazine
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want