Enable students to succeed in their assessment with Historical Enquiry – the essential guide to Edexcel History A2 Unit 4.
Historical Enquiry supports and guides students step-by-step through their Unit 4 assessment with:
• full explanations supported by examples of the skills that they will need to succeed
• graded coursework essays with full comments from experienced assessors on how to secure a higher grade
• Moderators’ and Essential notes throughout.
In this book you will find:
• Chapter 1:INTRODUCTION
An overview of exactly what Unit 4 is all about
• Chapter 2: CONSTRUCTING PART A ENQUIRIES
A guide to choosing the best Part A enquiry focus, with examples and moderator commentary
• Chapter 3: CONSTRUCTING PART B ENQUIRIES
A guide to choosing the best Part B enquiry focus, with examples and moderator commentary
• Chapter 4: FINDING SOURCE MATERIALS: PART A AND PART B
A practical guide to researching your enquiries, note-taking and note-making
• Chapter 5: USING SOURCE MATERIAL: PART A ENQUIRIES
How to use secondary sources as a resource; finding and using relevant contemporary sources; weighing the evidence and reaching judgements; using secondary sources for cross-referencing, support and challenge
• Chapter 6: USING SOURCE MATERIAL: PART B ENQUIRIES
How to read secondary sources for information, opinion and argument; how to read to raise issues
• Chapter 7: USING A RESOURCE RECORD: PARTS A AND B
A practical guide to using the resource record
• Chapter 8: WRITING UP PARTS A AND B
Including tips on planning the write-up of your research; explanation of key essay writing skills, including writing effective introductions and conclusions, and creating a coherent and sustained argument; tips on writing to length and using footnotes, endnotes and appendices
• Chapter 9: ENQUIRIES AND ANSWERS
• Chapter 10: EXAMPLE COMPLETE ASSIGNMENT
• Chapter 11: MARK SCHEME
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Edexcel A2 Unit 4: Historical Enquiry
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0007457456
Book Description HarperCollins UK. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007457456 *BRAND NEW* Ships Same Day or Next!. Bookseller Inventory # NATARAJB1FI876629
Book Description HarperCollins Publishers, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0007457456
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007457456