A new title in the best selling Collins/Nicholson Waterways series covering the Broads National Park, including the Norfolk and Suffolk Broads and the Rivers Waveney, Yare, Bure, Ant, Thurne and Chet.
The Broads (the Norfolk and Suffolk Broads) are one of Britain's best-known holiday boating areas. They make up Britain's largest and most important protected wetland and are a national park providing a home to some of the rarest plants and animals in the country. A unique and enchanting wetland, with over 125 miles of lock-free, navigable tidal waters, all waiting to be explored.
This practical A5 guide with 'lie flat' spiral binding and 'book mark' back cover flap is for everyone wishing to explore the Broads, from day visitor to those planning a holiday. Practical boating, navigation and tourist information is shown on detailed Ordnance Survey mapping.
• getting onto the water and where to hire all types of craft, whether for a week-long boating holiday on a motor launch or hiring a rowing boat for an hour.
• boating need to know and navigation notes plus information on boat trips.
• history, local services, where to eat out and information on places to visit in the area.
• lots of information on walking and cycling and angling for those who want to spend some time on dry land.
• information regarding keeping safe on and by the water plus disabled access.
• includes information on the flora and fauna that you are likely to see in the area.
• Postcodes have been included - ideal for sat navs.
• the map detail includes boatyards, moorings, slipways, bridges and bridge clearances, water points, fuel, rubbish and recycling points, pump out, electric boat recharging points, fishing platforms, information centres, places to visit as well as enlarged insets of Breydon Bridge and Breydon Water as well as a street plan of Norwich.
Nicholson's - The bestselling Guides to Britain's Waterways.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"Taste in guide books can be a very personal thing, but few serious boaters will venture out without a Nicholson's Guide. There is a wealth of information that even the most experienced cannot hope to keep abreast of, and the guides are welcome valuable for cyclists and walkers too." The Inland Waterways Association.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800074526371.0
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2012. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 7452632
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2012. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007452632