The latest edition of the world's most prestigious and authoritative world atlas, containing up-to-date world maps and thematic information curated by experts in geography and cartography.
Now in its thirteenth edition, the Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World continues to be the benchmark of cartographic excellence. The atlas is relied on and trusted by governments, media companies and international organisations around the world including the UN and the European Commission.
Major updates include:
• 7,000 place name changes, most notably in the Russian Federation, China, Kazakhstan, Iran, and Afghanistan
• A beautifully illustrated section on current issues from climate to economy
• The new country of South Sudan
• 37 city plans added for major cities around the world
• New satellite image of Antarctica
• Flag and year of independence for every country
• Updated national parks and conserved areas
• 100 additional abandoned settlements
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
‘The Greatest Book on Earth’
‘A total adventure’
'This is the indispensable tool for everyone who needs to know where we have come from, where we are now, and where we might be going'.
The world's most prestigious and authoritative maps and atlases.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins Publishers Limited, Glasgow, United Kingdom, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Dust Jacket Condition: New. 5th or later Edition. 5th or later Printing. Size: 4to - over 9¾ - 12" tall. 544 pages. This magnificent volume is without doubt the most comprehensive and beautifully presented atlas on the market today. My copy is new and is not marked in any way. Quantity Available: 1. ISBN: . ISBN/EAN: 9780007419135. Pictures of this item not already displayed here available upon request. Inventory No: 0000496. Bookseller Inventory # 0000496
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007419139
Book Description Harpercollins Pub Ltd, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 13 edition. 544 pages. 18.75x13.00x2.00 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0007419139