Ensure students are fully prepared for A Level Maths with practice in essential and tricky topics such as algebra. Revisit areas that may not have been studied recently due to modular courses to fill gaps in knowledge and make links. Prepare students for some of the skills required at A Level with a focus on applications of mathematics.
Written by an experienced A Level author who is a practising A Level teacher, Collins Bridging GCSE and A Level Mathematics is an ideal resource to be used in the classroom or for independent study.
Similar in structure to Collins Maths revision guides, the Bridging GCSE and A Level Maths Student Book is split into an explanation section and a practice section.
• Identify and understand the transition from GCSE to AS Level Maths with ‘What you should already know’ objectives and ‘What you will learn’ objectives at the start of each topic
• Get a head start on your AS Level Maths with introductions to key Core 1 Maths topics for all exam boards (AQA, OCR and Edexcel)
• Boost your understanding with worked examples which include extra guidance in the form of ‘Handy hint’, ‘Checkpoint’, ‘AS Alert!’ and ‘Common error’ boxes
• Reinforce and build on your maths to fully prepare you for AS Level with worked examples and plenty of practice questions from B-A* at GCSE Level extending to AS Level
• Think and draw on different areas of maths with investigations at the end of some topics
• Check your progress with answers to Maths practice questions at the back of the book
• Test your understanding of the maths you’ve covered with the tear-out practice exam paper
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The transition between GCSE and AS/A2 level mathematics is considerable. This essential textbook will help students navigate their way through all the key concepts and applications to enable students to achieve real success in post-16 mathematics.
Head of Mathematics
Frome Community College
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Very Good condition with no significant faults. Clearly used but very few minor defects. Will look good on your book case after reading but may not be suitable as a present unless hard to find elsewhere SECURE DAILY POSTING FROM UK. 30 DAY GUARANTEE. Bookseller Inventory # mon0001798839
Book Description Collins Educational 20/05/2011, 2011. Book Condition: Good. Will be shipped promptly from UK warehouse. Book is in good condition with no missing pages, no damage or soiling and tight spine. There may be some dog-eared pages showing previous use but overall a great book. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780007410231
Book Description Collins Educational, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Good. Bookseller Inventory # 1476823
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Good. The book has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and the cover is intact. Some minor wear to the spine. Bookseller Inventory # GOR004667674
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. The book has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Bookseller Inventory # GOR004094017
Book Description Collins Educational 20/05/2011, 2011. Book Condition: Very Good. This book is in very good condition and will be shipped within 24 hours of ordering. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged. This book has clearly been well maintained and looked after thus far. Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. See all our books here, order more than 1 book and get discounted shipping. . Bookseller Inventory # 7719-9780007410231
Book Description Collins Educational, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Bridging GCSE and A Level Maths Student Book (Collins A Level Maths) This book is in good or better condition. It has no tears to the pages and no pages will be missing from the book. The spine of the book is still in great condition and the front cover is generally unmarked. It has signs of previous use but overall is in really nice, tight condition. Shipping is normally same day from our UK warehouse. We offer a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780007410231