Hawkwood’s in America for this gripping, action-packed follow up to the bestselling Ratcatcher - for fans of Bernard Cornwell, Conn Igulden and Patrick O’Brian
1812: Matthew Hawkwood, soldier turned spy, is stranded behind enemy lines, in America, a country at war with Britain.
Heading for the safety of the Canadian border, Hawkwood’s route takes him to Albany where the chance sighting of a former comrade-in-arms – Major Douglas Lawrence – within a consignment of British prisoners puts paid to his plans.
For as the two men make their escape they uncover an American plot to invade Canada. If it is successful, the entire continent will be lost. The British authorities must be warned.
Pursued by a relentless enemy, Hawkwood and Lawrence set off across the snow-bound Adirondack Mountains; the land the Iroquois call ‘The Hunting Grounds’.
But they are not alone.
Buried deep in Hawkwood’s past is an old alliance – one that could save both their lives and help turn the tide of war…
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Praise for James McGee:
• 'Irresistible… rambunctious entertainment' Observer
• 'Rumbustious…a darkly attractive hero, terrific period atmosphere and action' The Times
• 'Atmospheric and well researched… try it' Daily Mirror
• ‘Breakneck pace, brutal action, clever characterisation and twisty plotting …' Reginald Hill
• ‘Ratcatcher is a richly enjoyable and impressively researched novel – also very gripping. James McGee is clearly a rising star in the historical galaxy and I look forward to Hawkwood's return' Andrew Taylor, author of The American BoyAbout the Author:
James McGee was born into an army family. He was educated in Gibraltar, Germany and Belfast. His career has encompassed banking, bookselling and thirteen years in the airline business. He has also presented book reviews for BBC local radio and several independent stations. In addition to the successful Hawkwood series, he has also written several thrillers. He lives in Somerset.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. Depending on your location, this item may ship from the US or UK. Bookseller Inventory # 97800073945930000000
Book Description HarperCollins Publishers Ltd, 2014. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007394594