Highly illustrated hardback book of the navigable waterways of Britain. It is packed with maps of the canals and photographs of scenes along the waterways.
Regarded as the 'quickest way of slowing down', the canals and rivers of Britain evoke a bygone era when life moved at a more leisurely pace.
Founded on the careful selection of a variety of significant navigations, The Times Waterways of Britain offers a well-rounded view of the contemporary inland waterways system. This picture is built up by delving into their historical past, by a close examination of the present scene, together with a forward glance towards future directions and development.
Focusing on some of the many disparate strands of the fabric that go to make up our inland waterways, this book sets the evolution of the canals and navigable rivers against the social, economic and industrial backdrop of their time.
• Features a timeline of important waterway developments from early beginnings through to the present day – with a look towards the future.
• Offers an insight into the sometimes hidden wealth of waterway features and heritage.
• Illustrated with mapping, archive and over 300 contemporary photographs.
• Facts and figures for selected waterways.
• Highlights cities, towns and places of interest.
• Introduces the diverse wildlife to be found along the waterways.
• Suggests ways to explore the waterways further.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
“it does the subject beautiful justice, with detailed, authoritative content and lavish pictures as good as any canal book to date….save quite a bit, learn more and enjoy even more from The Times Waterways of Britain”
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Times Books. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0007366337 Book is in new condition. Customer service is our #1 priority. We sell great books at great prices with super fast shipping and free tracking. Bookseller Inventory # H9.WATERWAYSBRIT.11.21.16
Book Description Times Books, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007366337
Book Description Times Books, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-244-73-1440001