The Bible guide for life – a comprehensive and accessible new handbook for anyone who wishes to understand the Bible.
The new Collins Bible Companion is the complete guide for anyone who wants to read, understand or follow the teachings of the Bible. Its clear structure and contents, combined with an attractive, full colour design, make it the most accessible Bible guide on the market as well as the most complete. It is organised into a number of thematic sections:
• The Bible in its setting – why the Bible was written, its history, geography and cultural setting.
• The Bible book by book – an overview of each book of the Bible, summarising key themes, teaching and background.
• Bible teaching – the essential Biblical teaching on ten key doctrines including God, Scripture and the Church.
• Living the Christian life – Practical advice and Bible studies for people who wish to follow the teachings of the Bible.
• Bible reference resource – including dictionary of key people and places, guides to passages which will be useful in times of need, and a daily Bible reading plan.
Written throughout by a team of expert theologians and based on the most up-to-date scholarship available, the Collins Bible Companion really is the only book you need beside the Bible.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Reference Book of the Year: Christian Resources Together Awards
“It will meet a great need and give clear insight into the Bible’s teaching.” – Rev. Billy Graham.
“I commend this book with enthusiasm. Great trouble has been taken over its production. It contains accurate information, which is presented in a balanced and readable form.” – John R. W. Stott.
“A fresh, clear, stimulating book.” – Rev. Michael Green.
“The Collins Bible Companion is a book with extraordinary strengths, designed to meet the needs of today… ” – Dr Daniel Bourdanne, International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES).
“This handbook is a first-class resource for anyone who is keen to get to grips with the Bible. ” – Rev. Jonathan Edwards, General Secretary, Baptist Union of Great Britain.About the Author:
Martin Manser is a professional writer and researcher. He is responsible for ‘The Penguin Wordmaster’ and ‘The Guinness Book of Words’.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007339801
Book Description Collins. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007339801
Book Description Collins, 2009. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0007339801
Book Description Collins, 2009. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007339801