Travel the world and look at some of the most amazing buildings - inside and out! Find out how they're built, what they do and lots more fantastic facts in this exciting and very visual book. Each building is intricately illustrated, providing lots of detail to look at and talk about.
• Turquoise/Band 7 books offer literary language and extended descriptions, with longer sentences and a wide range of unfamiliar terms.
• Text type: An information book.
• A collage scene on pages 22 and 23 of all the buildings from the book allows children to recall the different features of each building.
• Additional retrieval devices such as a glossary and index can be evaluated for their usefulness as children develop critical reading skills.
• Curriculum links: Design and Technology: Homes; Geography: Passport to the world
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Richard Platt is the award-winning author of over 90 titles, fiction and non-fiction. He is an amateur expert on the sea, and especially on smuggling and piracy. He is also fascinated by social history and by the history of science and technology. Richard lives in rural Kent with his wife, a black cat and five chickens.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007336136 Nuevo! Fast delivery! Professional service with friendly customer support 7 days a week. Bookseller Inventory # 9780007336135
Book Description HarperCollins UK. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007336136 *BRAND NEW* Ships Same Day or Next!. Bookseller Inventory # NATARAJB1FI877327
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007336136