Collins Pocket Irish Dictionary offers excellent coverage of today's language and usage. Clear presentation and colour layout allow maximum accessibility in a portable, hard-wearing format.
• All the latest words in both languages, such as rewritable, wind farm in English, and frithvíreas, hipearnasc in Irish
• A guide to pronunciation in Irish, including information on stress and initial mutation
• An in-depth Irish grammar supplement
• A useful Language Plus section covering correspondence, emails, numbers, date and time
• Special treatment of key vocabulary items
• Clear, colour layout and useful examples
Collins Pocket Irish Dictionary has been designed to give learners of Irish all the information they need in a portable, hard-wearing format.
It includes all the latest words reflecting changes in modern lifestyle, as well as all the features you would expect from a Collins dictionary: an easy-to-read colour layout, special treatment of key words such as can, that, faoi, mar, and useful examples.
In-depth and up-to-date supplements help you to develop your knowledge of Irish and your confidence in the language, with information on pronunciation and grammar, as well as the words and phrases you will need in different situations, like writing letters and sending emails.
Verb tables show all verb forms for the most common regular and irregular Irish verbs.
Also available in the Collins Irish dictionary range are Collins Irish Gem Dictionary, Collins Irish School Dictionary and Collins Easy Learning Irish Dictionary.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Pioneers in dictionary publishing since 1819
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007331533