Packed full of support and advice, this Teacher's Pack will help you teach engaging functional skills lessons in mathematics using the accompanying Pupil Book. New Maths Frameworking Functional Skills is everything you need to embed a problem-solving approach at KS3 to prepare your students for the new GCSE.
- Provides practice in practical applied skills needed for success in work and in life
- Ensures your students are prepared for functional skills and problem solving in the new GCSE
- Builds functional skills using varied Activities at the front of the book then provides practise applying them using the Rich Tasks at the back of the book
- Suggests opportunities for class discussion and group work giving students the freedom to think and discover maths for themselves
- Supports assessing pupil progress (APP) and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS).
- Makes embedding Functional Skills easy as most activities and tasks are designed to be completed in one hour-long session
- Sections of beginner, intermediate and advanced activities and tasks give an indication of complexity to help you choose what is right for your students
- Activities can be differentiated for different year groups and abilities by adjusting the amount of support and guidance you provide
- Step-by-step tripartite lesson plans help you plan and deliver engaging lessons and include ideas for extension work
- APP, PLTS and cross-curricular links are highlighted throughout
- Clear objectives for each activity show you what functional skills students are building or applying
- Open questions accessible to a wide range of learners
- Helpful tips prepare you for common problems and misconceptions and suggest how you recognise and remedy them
- Solutions and possible outcomes given at the end of each task can be used for class discussion
- Matching charts make it easy to embed Functional Skills lessons into your scheme of work for the whole of KS3 or just Year 9
- CD-ROM with editable lesson plans in Word gives you greater flexibility
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Keith Gordon has 30 years teaching experience in South Yorkshire including 24 as Head of Department. He has 20 years examining experience including 11 years as a principal examiner and 6 years as Chief Examiner.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harpercollins Publishers, 2009. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: Brand New. 224 pages. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk000731843X