A Tudor thriller featuring Giordano Bruno, renegade monk, philosopher and heretic, for fans of C. J. Sansom and The Name of the Rose
Autumn, 1583. Under Elizabeth’s rule, loyalty is bought with blood…
An astrological phenomenon heralds the dawn of a new age and Queen Elizabeth’s throne is in peril. As Mary Stuart’s supporters scheme to usurp the rightful monarch, a young maid of honour is murdered, occult symbols carved into her flesh.
The Queen’s spymaster, Francis Walsingham, calls on maverick agent Giordano Bruno to infiltrate the plotters and secure the evidence that will condemn them to death.
Bruno is cunning, but so are his enemies. His identity could be exposed at any moment. The proof he seeks is within his grasp. But the young woman’s murder could point to an even more sinister truth…
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
• ‘Impossible to resist … Parris creates a convincing sense of the past, woven with so much intrigue that the head fairly spins’ Daily Telegraph
• ‘Parris writes with confident ease of Tudor London … The dialogue balances nicely on a tightrope of period phrases and cut-to-the-chase colloquialisms. More, please’ The Times
• ‘Parris’s plot is well crafted and full of surprises, an imaginatively satisfying addition to the many real intrigues surrounding the imprisoned Mary Stuart and the threats to Elizabeth’s security’ TLS
• ‘Tense and lively, a welcome follow-up to Heresy, fully living up to its predecessor’s promise’ Daily Mail
Praise for Heresy:
• ‘Heresy has everything – intrigue, mystery, excellent history and haunting sense of place. The beginning of a wonderful new detective series’ Kate Mosse
• ‘Fascinating … The period is incredibly vivid and the story utterly gripping’ Conn Iggulden (bestselling author of Bones of the Hills and The Dangerous Book for Boys)
• ‘Heresy is a riveting read. Rich in both historical detail and ingenious twists, S. J. Parris has created a character in Giordano Bruno that will endure. A true rival to C. J. Sansom’ Sam Bourne (bestselling author of The Righteous Men)
• 'Parris paces her yarn perfectly' Daily TelegraphAbout the Author:
S.J.Parris is the pseudonym of Stephanie Merritt. Born in 1974, she has worked as a critic and feature writer for a variety of newspapers and magazines as well as radio and television. She currently writes for the Guardian and the Observer.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Ex Library Book with usual stamps and stickers. Good condition is defined as: a copy that has been read but remains in clean condition. All of the pages are intact and the cover is intact and the spine may show signs of wear. The book may have minor markings which are not specifically mentioned. Most items will be dispatched the same or the next working day. Bookseller Inventory # mon0005307206
Book Description HarperCollins, 2011. Book Condition: Good. N/A. Ships from the UK. Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Bookseller Inventory # GRP56642331
Book Description HarperCollins, 2011. Book Condition: Fair. N/A. Ships from the UK. Former Library book. Shows definite wear, and perhaps considerable marking on inside. Bookseller Inventory # GRP79155215
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Bookseller Inventory # TT00320279B
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Fair. Bookseller Inventory # TT01233133B
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Bookseller Inventory # TT00298424B
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. The book has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Bookseller Inventory # GOR002551250
Book Description HarperCollins, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: Used; Good. **SHIPPED FROM UK** We believe you will be completely satisfied with our quick and reliable service. All orders are dispatched as swiftly as possible! Buy with confidence!. Bookseller Inventory # mon0001830682
Book Description HarperCollins, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: Used; Good. Bookseller Inventory # mon0001510868
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Bookseller Inventory # PL00154387B