THE GREEN BIBLE is perfect for anyone interested in what the Bible has to say about the environment.
"God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good." Genesis 1:31
THE GREEN BIBLE is perfect for anyone interested in what the Bible has to say about the environment. It shows that God is green, and explains how we can care for and protect God's creation.
• The first Bible in the UK to be printed on environmentally sustainable FSC paper
• Foreword by Archbishop Desmond Tutu
• Unique content including articles by N.T. Wright, James Jones and Pope John Paul II
• Over 1,000 passages about creation care are highlighted in green soy-based ink
• Uses the widely accepted and up-to-date New Revised Standard Version
• Includes a short concordance, a guide to environmental issues in the Bible, and a number of Bible studies on green issues
• Introduction by Dave Bookless, UK Director of influential environmental organisation A Rocha
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
“As you read The Green Bible starting in Genesis, you will see that after God created birds, fish and animals he created humans to be his viceroys and to act "compassionately and gently" towards all forms of life…We can be wantonly irresponsible, or we can be caring and compassionate. God says: I put before you a choice. Choose life.”
– Archbishop Desmond Tutu
“The Green Bible sets out an urgent agenda for the Christian community”
– Eugene H Peterson, Professor Emeritus of Spiritual Theology, Regent College
“No better road-map exists for your journey into creation-care”
– Rev Jim Ball, PhD, President & CEO, Evangelical Environmental Network
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description n/a. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 7289979
Book Description n/a. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007289979
Book Description n/a. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007289979