THE GREEN BIBLE is perfect for anyone interested in what the Bible has to say about the environment.
"God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good." Genesis 1:31
THE GREEN BIBLE is perfect for anyone interested in what the Bible has to say about the environment. It shows that God is green, and explains how we can care for and protect God's creation.
• The first Bible in the UK to be printed on environmentally sustainable FSC paper
• Foreword by Archbishop Desmond Tutu
• Unique content including articles by N.T. Wright, James Jones and Pope John Paul II
• Over 1,000 passages about creation care are highlighted in green soy-based ink
• Uses the widely accepted and up-to-date New Revised Standard Version
• Includes a short concordance, a guide to environmental issues in the Bible, and a number of Bible studies on green issues
• Introduction by Dave Bookless, UK Director of influential environmental organisation A Rocha
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
“As you read The Green Bible starting in Genesis, you will see that after God created birds, fish and animals he created humans to be his viceroys and to act "compassionately and gently" towards all forms of life…We can be wantonly irresponsible, or we can be caring and compassionate. God says: I put before you a choice. Choose life.”
– Archbishop Desmond Tutu
“The Green Bible sets out an urgent agenda for the Christian community”
– Eugene H Peterson, Professor Emeritus of Spiritual Theology, Regent College
“No better road-map exists for your journey into creation-care”
– Rev Jim Ball, PhD, President & CEO, Evangelical Environmental Network
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. This book is in stock now, in our UK premises. Photos of most of our books are available - please ask, as dustjacket and cover illustrations vary, and unless the accompanying image is marked 'Bookseller Image', it is an Abebooks Stock Image, NOT our own. Overseas buyers also note that shipping rates apply to packets of 1Kg and under, and should the packed weight of an item exceed this we reserve the right to ship via 'Economy', or cancel, or request extra postage prior to fulfilling the order. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000092290
Book Description n/a. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007289979
Book Description n/a. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 7289979
Book Description n/a. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-131-97-3554003
Book Description n/a. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007289979