A paperback edition of this fully revised general reference atlas in the exciting Collins world atlas range. Highly detailed maps giving balanced worldwide coverage, beautifully illustrated thematic pages and thousands of facts and statistics enable the user to know the world. This perfect family reference atlas provides a comprehensive and topical view of today's world and the issues facing it. The contents include / Highly detailed reference maps, beautifully illustrated thematic pages and thousands of facts and statistics enable the user to know the world. / 32 pages of highly illustrative world and continental thematic pages provide detailed information on, and interpretations of, major geographical themes and global issues. / Over 150 pages of highly accurate and fully up-to-date maps with an index of over 50 000 place names (10,000 more than the nearest competitor at this price). / Global issues including the environment, world conflict, population, climate change and the international drugs trade. / Comparative satellite images show dramatic examples of environmental change.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
• The highest quality mapping derived from the world-renowned Bartholomew Database – accurate, authoritative and accessible.
• With their contemporary approach to world mapping, 'Collins' World Atlases are ideal for school and educational use.
• More than just mapping – profiles of nations, satellite views, astronomical, demographic, political, climatic, environmental, and geological information.
• Smart new navy blue and red livery ties the atlases in with their dictionary cousins – 'Collins' is 'the' brand for modern reference.
COLLINS WORLD ATLAS
An excellent value-for-money atlas.
• 50 pages of world maps
• Index of over 10,000 place names
• Quick reference world political maps
• Essential statistical information
• The paperback atlas for the 1990s
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harpercollins Reference Hbacks, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007289030