Popular guide covering the canals and waterways between Exeter and the River Thames. Colour Ordnance Survey® maps clearly show locks, towpaths and boating facilities. There are also comprehensive navigational notes as well as descriptions of the towns and villages, pubs and restaurants alongside the waterways.
In print for over 30 years, the Collins/Nicholson guides to the waterways have always been a vital part of journeys along Britain’s canals and rivers. They are designed for anyone and everyone with an interest in Britain’s inland waterways – from experienced boaters to those planning their first boat trip, as well as walkers, cyclists and visitors.
The Ordnance Survey ® Maps have added information showing:
• Locks, bridges, tunnels, aqueducts, winding holes and towpaths.
• Waterpoints, sanitary stations, pump out facilities and refuse disposal.
• Boatyards, pubs, restaurants and local shops.
• Mile markers and milestones (distance in miles and number of locks to strategic points along the waterways).
• The history and background to each canal.
• Local services and places of interest, pubs and restaurants and NEW for this edition: postcodes added for each place.
• Opportunities for walking and cycling.
• NEW for this edition: notes on wildlife to be found along the waterways.
Comprehensive navigational notes include:
• Maximum dimensions and low bridges.
• Mileages, advice and potential hazards.
• Navigation authorities and contact details.
Waterways covered in this guide – Basingstoke Canal, Bridgwater & Taunton Canal, Grand Western Canal, Exeter Ship Canal, Kennet & Avon Canal, River Thames, River Wey.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"Taste in guide books can be a very personal thing, but few serious boaters will venture out without a Nicholson's Guide. There is a wealth of information that even the most experienced cannot hope to keep abreast of, and the guides are welcome valuable for cyclists and walkers too." The Inland Waterways Association.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins 2009-03-05, 2009. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: Very Good. All books are pre-owned and will have been read by someone else before you. They may well show signs of minor wear and tear. Please note, cover images are illustrative only, and the actual book cover and edition can vary. Bookseller Inventory # 9780007281671-21
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2009. Book Condition: Good. New edition. N/A. Ships from the UK. Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Bookseller Inventory # GRP80045698
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Good. The book has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and the cover is intact. Some minor wear to the spine. Bookseller Inventory # GOR003562794
Book Description Collins, 2009. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: Very Good. Virtually like new with bright unmarked and fully bound pages, no creasing on the covers and only very light signs of previous ownership. Mailed same or next working day. Airmail used for destinations outside UK. Photo of book can be emailed on request. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000035418