Essential guide to the practice of yoga
Yoga has been embraced as a fitness system which enhances wellbeing through relaxation and improves strength, suppleness and posture.
This excellent guide looks at the history of the practice of yoga and the Indian philosophy that it is founded upon as well as introducing postures, techniques and ways to use yoga thought and action in daily life.
It offers a comprehensive insight into:
• different forms of yoga including Hatha – the most popular and extensively practised in the West.
• simple methods for relaxing and meditating
• cleansing and purifying the body with yoga
• how to perform yoga in order to improve strength, suppleness and posture
• quick introductions to more advanced types of yoga philosophy, including chakras, kundalini and tantra
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Cheryl Isaacson is an experienced yoga practitioner and teacher. She is also a journalist specialising in health, fitness and alternative medicine. She is also the author of Yoga: Step by Step.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Good. **SHIPPED FROM UK** We believe you will be completely satisfied with our quick and reliable service. All orders are dispatched as swiftly as possible! Buy with confidence!. Bookseller Inventory # 1880086