The ultimate 3.2 miles to 1 inch scale large format road atlas for the year 2009, featuring Collins popular and well established road mapping; designed for exceptional clarity and ease of use. Includes a wide range of urban area maps at even larger scale plus 56 detailed town centre street plans. Presented with lie-flat spiral binding.
Printed on paper sourced from sustainable forests this fully updated road mapping covers the whole of Britain. Each scale of mapping is colour-coded for ease of use from the smallest scale maps, great for route planning, to the main road maps and larger scale urban area approach maps to the largest scale town centre street plans to help locate your final destination.
The atlas includes:
• Route planning section including maps for long distance route planning, motorway servcies information and a handy distance calculator chart.
• Easy to use, clear road maps at a scale of 3.2 miles to 1 inch (1:200,000) of England, Wales and Southern Scotland. Northern Scotland is shown at 5 miles to 1 inch (1:316,800).
• 21 urban area approach maps at 1 mile to 1 inch which clearly show the best routes through and into the busiest built-up-areas.
• 56 street maps focussed on town centres showing places of interest, car park locations and one-way streets.
• Fully updated fixed speed camera sites with the roads covered by average-speed cameras clearly highlighted.
• Locations of alternative fuel sites (LPG, Biodiesel, Bioethanol, Natural Gas and Electricty recharging points) as supplied by the Energy Saving Trust.
• Map showing the risk rating of Britain's major roads, courtesy of the Road Safety Foundation.
• World Heritage Sites located with contact details and brief descriptions.
• Over 30 categories of places of interest including castles, theme parks, sports venues, universities, mountain bike trails and surfing beaches.
• Park and Ride locations shown, ideal when visiting towns and cities.
• The top 1000 most visited places of interest are indexed with full postcodes to aid integration with satnav systems.
This atlas is ideal for any driver of any vehicle who prefers a large format road atlas and requires the latest information and extremely clear map detail. The popular spiral binding allows the atlas to lie flat or be folded back on itself for ease of use.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2008. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: New. Spi. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007272413
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2008. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007272413
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2008. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 7272413