Collins AS Chemistry for AQA is the ideal resource to support you through the 2008 AQA GCE course. It has been developed with the help of AQA examiners to ensure a perfect match to the 2008 specification and provides everything you need to succeed in your exam.
This book covers AQA Chemistry AS units:
Unit 1 - Foundation Chemistry
Unit 2 - Chemistry in Action
The book includes the following features:
· How Science Works feature boxes and assignments
· Real world science in context at the start of every chapter
· Questions throughout the text, with answers provided in the back of the book
· Key fact summaries throughout the text
· Stretch and challenge boxes to push the most able students
· Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter
· Practice synoptic questions
The website includes the following additional support material:
· Mark schemes for exam-style questions from the book
· Sample student answers to exam-style questions at 2 levels with examiner comments to show students how to achieve a higher grade
· Guidance for PSAs to help students to achieve the best grades in their practical assessments
· Mathematical and examination technique guidance to ensure that students know how to best prepare for and handle their exams.
Also available, Collins A2 Chemistry for AQA, covering:
Unit 4: Kinetics, Equilibria and Organic Chemistry
Unit 5: Energetics, Redox and Inorganic Chemistry
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
By Lyn Nicholls, Edited by Janice PerkinsReview:
Reviews of previous edition: "This book has helped so much with my chemistry work, I've found that the content in the book is spot on for the AQA exam, as there are questions on all the key points on each spread and at the end of each little section key facts to learn. The exam-style questions give you a real insight on what will be asked and how in the exam. The book is not at all boring and makes doing the subject more enjoyable. All examples in the book have been made relevant to real life to make studying more stimulating. This book is really a major must for AS Chemistry." "I got this for AS Chemistry and got A's in all my units with just this book, it explains everything clearly and is worth the buy." "This book contains everything you need for the AQA AS Chemistry examination. It's an attractive book, laid out well and with more questions than you could possibly get through before the exam itself. The text is easy to follow, and the Key Facts sections in each chapter are very helpful."
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 256 pages. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0007268238
Book Description HarperCollins UK. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007268238 *BRAND NEW* Ships Same Day or Next!. Bookseller Inventory # NATARAJB1FI875586