Collins AS Biology for AQA is the ideal resource to support you through the 2008 AQA GCE course. It has been developed with the help of AQA examiners to ensure a perfect match to the 2008 specification and provides everything you need to succeed in your exam.
This book covers AQA Biology AS units:
Unit 1 - Biology and Disease
Unit 2 - The Variety of Living Organisms
The book includes the following features:
· How Science Works feature boxes and assignments
· Real world science in context at the start of every chapter
· Questions throughout the text, with answers provided in the back of the book
· Key fact summaries throughout the text
· Stretch and challenge boxes to push the most able students
· Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter
· Practice synoptic questions
The website includes the following additional support material:
· Mark schemes for exam-style questions from the book
· Sample student answers to exam-style questions at 2 levels with examiner comments to show students how to achieve a higher grade
· Guidance for ISAs to help students to achieve the best grades in their practical assessments
· Mathematical and examination technique guidance to ensure that students know how to best prepare for and handle their exams.
Also available from Collins: A2 Biology for AQA, covering AQA Biology A2 units:
Unit 4 - Populations and Environment
Unit 5 - Control in Cells and in Organisms
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
By Keith Hirst, Edited by Lesley HigginbottomReview:
Reviews of previous edition: "I used this book to revise for my AS levels, it only contains what you need to know, with explanations and most importantly, no waffle! I managed to get an A in Biology this year, this book made it very easy!" "Found this really helpful and was very accurate to my exam board. No irrelevant info so I was very pleased."
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0007268211