Collins AS Biology for AQA is the ideal resource to support you through the 2008 AQA GCE course. It has been developed with the help of AQA examiners to ensure a perfect match to the 2008 specification and provides everything you need to succeed in your exam.
This book covers AQA Biology AS units:
Unit 1 - Biology and Disease
Unit 2 - The Variety of Living Organisms
The book includes the following features:
• How Science Works feature boxes and assignments
• Real world science in context at the start of every chapter
• Questions throughout the text, with answers provided in the back of the book
• Key fact summaries throughout the text
• Stretch and challenge boxes to push the most able students
• Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter
• Practice synoptic questions
The website includes the following additional support material:
• Mark schemes for exam-style questions from the book
• Sample student answers to exam-style questions at 2 levels with examiner comments to show students how to achieve a higher grade
• Guidance for ISAs to help students to achieve the best grades in their practical assessments
• Mathematical and examination technique guidance to ensure that students know how to best prepare for and handle their exams.
Also available from Collins: A2 Biology for AQA, covering AQA Biology A2 units:
Unit 4 - Populations and Environment
Unit 5 - Control in Cells and in Organisms
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Reviews of previous edition:
“I used this book to revise for my AS levels, it only contains what you need to know, with explanations and most importantly, no waffle! I managed to get an A in Biology this year, this book made it very easy!”
“Found this really helpful and was very accurate to my exam board. No irrelevant info so I was very pleased.“Book Description:
Revised and updated support for the new 2008 AQA Biology GCE specification.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 7268211