Aimed at effectively delivering the 2008 framework, the Pupil Books are packed with functional maths questions and spreads and ensure progression by providing differentiated material for each level.
Year 7 Pupil Book 1 will help students working at levels 3- 4 to make a smooth transition from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 3.
The Pupil Book offers:
• Fully integrated functional maths questions and exciting real-world spreads to put maths into context and help your pupils to develop vital functional skills
• Colour-coded levelling on every piece of content so that pupils always work at the right level and progress with ease
• "Student friendly" learning objectives from the New Framework for every chapter, promoting personalised learning and self assessment
• Level boosters for every chapter to put learning into pupils’ hands, telling them what they need to know and how to improve
• Worked examples to aid understanding, easing the class into each exercise
• Extension activities to stretch and challenge
• Test-style levelled questions providing excellent test preparation
• Full colour artwork to engage students
See Teacher Pack for additional support and answers.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
We are really enjoying using the Collins books and the pupils like the fact that the questions have grades next to them.
Sue Wooller (Head of Maths - Little Heath School)
‘…even at this early stage (only a week in) I have been really impressed with the scheme so far. Our NQTs love the lesson plans and say they really help with ideas and with them finding out what sort of level to teach a topic.
The lower set pupils love the workbooks, and they have been a great motivator. The books are clear and easy to read and are excellent practise for filling in SATs papers. Our only problem is that we struggle to get them to stop working and move on to their next lesson!
We had a very heated discussion with one Year 9 boy who was insisting that he took his book home to carry on, and was very angry when we said he couldn’t take it home! These pupils who are usually fairly unmotivated are working through at a real pace.’
Cass Jackson, Barr Beacon Language CollegeBook Description:
Full of functional maths, covering the new framework for Year 7 pupils working at level 3-4
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007266081