Following the retirement of the legendary Carl Fogarty, Chris Walker has become Britain's most popular motorcycle racer. Incredibly brave, outspoken and with talent to burn, Chris is frank about his hell-raising exploits on and off track, his legion of fans and his action-packed career in World and British superbikes.
Chris Walker's first book recreates his zest for life, passion for bikes, but most-of-all, his unique sense of humour. It includes not only the inside story of his racing, but revelations of his and fellow riders' more 'racy' exploits.
Chris will also expose some of the inner demons that are rarely shown to the public. Major storylines include:
• A childhood surrounded by bikes, and his first girlfriend: 'She was 13 going on 21 and had the biggest boobs I have ever seen.'
• A catalogue of broken bones: just weeks after spending four months in plaster following a serious road bike accident, he almost severed his other leg when motocrossing.
• The inevitable attention of the opposite sex: 'Girls would not have been knocking on my motorhome door offering a blow-job if I hadn't been racing bikes…'
• The classic season-long ding-dong battle with arch-rival Neil Hodgson, which went to the courts over disputed points.
• The loyal support, and exploits, of his five-strong 18-stone posse of mates known as the 'Big Lads' and the less-welcome attentions of a fully-fledged stalker.
• A switch to Carl Fogarty's race team: 'The bike caught fire during practice at Silverstone and I jumped off to avoid serious injury – but not before all my pubic hair had burnt off!'
• His battles with the debilitating Bell’s Palsy.
• His long-awaited first World Superbike win from the back of the grid at Assen in 2006.
Updated and told in Chris's inimitably self-deprecating style – and with all the drama of the opening races of the 2008 World Supersport series – the book breaks the mould of recent motorcycling autobiographies.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Following the retirement of the legendary Carl Fogarty, Chris Walker has become Britain's most popular motorcycle racer. Incredibly brave, outspoken and with talent to burn, Chris is frank about his hell-raising exploits on and off track, his legion of fans and his action-packed career in World and British superbikes.Review:
“... the tales of contract wrangles and rider rivalries are gripping, as are Walker's off-track exploits, as he drives round Europe in his motorhome leaving behind a trail of speeding tickets and discarded knickers.” Independent on Sunday
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. Depending on your location, this item may ship from the US or UK. Bookseller Inventory # 97800072598610000000
Book Description U.S.A.: HarperCollins UK, 2008. Soft cover. Book Condition: New. NEW Never read. 2008 Edition. Great soft covers. Very clean inside copy. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-1493473861036
Book Description HarperSport 2008-05-01, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New Ed. 0007259867. Bookseller Inventory # Z0007259867ZN
Book Description HarperSport. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007259867. Bookseller Inventory # Z0007259867ZN
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New Ed. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007259867
Book Description Harpercollins Pub Ltd, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. new ed edition. 384 pages. 7.72x5.04x1.02 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # __0007259867
Book Description HARPER COLLINS, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780007259861 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0981154