Fully illustrated throughout, this practical guide to identifying edible mushrooms gives you all the details you need to enjoy the adventure of locating and collecting wild mushrooms.
The book features all edible species of mushroom, together with those with which they may be confused. Organised by habitat for easy reference, it is beautifully illustrated and includes the best ways to cook and eat the mushrooms you collect.
Main species are illustrated in their relevant habitat, and key features are described in detail. ‘Lookalikes' are shown alongside the main species, and additional illustrations indicate how they differ.
Calendar bars indicating at what time of year you can expect to see each mushroom along with an annotated cross-section giving accurate measurements make identification easier.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
‘If you have a passion for eating mushrooms and fancy foraging for your own this autumn, you will need a reliable guide to help you. ‘How to Identify Edible Mushrooms’ employs good illustrations and descriptions to help the would-be forager to know which fungi are right for the pan and which should be left well alone.’
Organised by habitat, 'How to Identify Edible Mushrooms' is the first book to describe and illustrate all the edible species of mushroom, together with those with which they may be confused.
• The best ways to cook and eat the mushrooms are described
• Main species are illustrated in their relevant habitat
• "Lookalikes" are shown alongside the main species; additional illustrations indicate how they differ
• Calendar bar shows the month in which you can expect to see the mushroom
• Key features of the main species are described in detail
• An annotated cross-section gives accurate measurements; spore prints are also illustrated
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Reissue. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007259611