How to calculate your carbon footprint and practical tips on how to reduce it.
Written by Mark Lynas, one of Britain’s most respected commentators on environmental issues, The Carbon Calculator shows you how to reduce your carbon footprint and help protect the environment.
· Measuring your carbon footprint, from food shopping, to work, holidays, and clothes. The handy carbon calculator takes you through each aspect of everyday living, helping you to assess the impact you are having on the environment.
· How do you measure up? Allows you to measure your carbon footprint against averages around the world and guage what sort of targets should you be setting yourself.
· How can you improve your carbon footprint? Lots of suggestions on how to adapt your lifestyle to make it more environmentally-friendly.
· Who can help? Hints, tips, and advice on who to ask, where to go, and what to do.
The Carbon Calculator is printed in Great Britain on FSC approved paper.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
How much are you responsible for the global warming problem? Isn’t it time you stopped being part of the problem and started being part of the solution?
Sometimes our impact is obvious, like using our cars too much. But it’s often harder to measure, like the food miles in the produce we buy. The Carbon Calculator helps you work out your personal carbon use and take steps to reduce it.
· Calculate your carbon footprint
· Easy steps for reducing your carbon consumption
· Take responsibility for your environment
· Save money and improve your quality of life
Mark Lynas was born in Fiji in 1973 and grew up in Peru, Spain and the UK. He graduated from the University of Edinburgh with a degree in history and politics. As an author, journalist and environmental activist and has contributed articles to Ecologist, Granta and Geographical magazines as well as The Independent, The Guardian and The Observer. He currently writes a fortnightly environmental column for the New Statesman and recently contributed to an eye-opening book, Fragile Earth: Views of a Changing World, which presents dramatic before and after images of the natural changes that have occurred around the globe in recent years.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. No.1 BESTSELLERS - great prices, friendly customer service â€" all orders are dispatched next working day. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000429518
Book Description Collins, 2016. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 208 pages. 7.25x4.50x0.75 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # __0007258690
Book Description Collins, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0007258690
Book Description HARPER COLLINS, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780007258697 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0982659