An introductory atlas for secondary schools, perfectly designed to support and motivate Key Stage 3 students in geographical and mapping skills.
• Previously published as the award winning Collins Foundation World Atlas the Collins School Atlas has been revised and extended. It features 96 pages of clear, easy to read maps, satellite images, an atlas skills section and hundreds of statistics.
• This introductory atlas for secondary school students aged 11-14 is designed to help students develop map, atlas and data handling skills. The content adheres closely to the requirements of the National Curriculum and incorporates results of classroom testing.
• Its clear and accessible layout will motivate pupils of all abilities at Key Stage 3 and S1-S2. An easy to follow introductory 'map and atlas skills' section, useful for both teacher and pupil, is followed by clear, easy to read reference maps presented with locator maps, fact boxes and flags, descriptive text, detailed map keys and photos. For this new edition more detailed reference mapping of the British Isles is included.
• Carefully selected focus country studies include mapping on contrasting regions and special topics.
• The latest available country-by-country statistics are listed in a separate section and the index includes full latitude and longitude values.
• The extended world section in this edition covers all the global issues required by the National Curriculum e.g. climate, population, biomes, earthquakes and volcanoes.
• Colour coding of the titling and marginalia aids the identification of the sections within the atlas.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
“Here is an atlas that really targets its intended audience. It is pitched at just the right level…an atlas tailored to the curriculum and your pupils”TES TeacherBook Description:
Perfectly designed to support and motivate Key Stage 3 students.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Very Good. Dispatched, from the UK, within 48 hours of ordering. Though second-hand, the book is still in very good shape. Minimal signs of usage may include very minor creasing on the cover or on the spine. Bookseller Inventory # CHL1360485
Book Description Collins, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. All orders are dispatched the following working day from our UK warehouse. Established in 2004, we have over 500,000 books in stock. No quibble refund if not completely satisfied. Bookseller Inventory # mon0002288783
Book Description Collins 04/02/2008, 2008. Book Condition: Good. This book is in good or better condition. It has no tears to the pages and no pages will be missing from the book. The spine of the book is still in great condition and the front cover is generally unmarked. It has signs of previous use but overall is in really nice, tight condition. Shipping is normally same day from our UK warehouse. We offer a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780007257492
Book Description Collins 04/02/2008, 2008. Book Condition: used-good. - GREAT BOOK IN GOOD OR BETTER CONDITION, NORMALLY SENT SAME DAY FROM WAREHOUSE. Bookseller Inventory # 7719-9780007257492
Book Description Collins 04/02/2008, 2008. Book Condition: Good. Will be shipped promptly from UK warehouse. Book is in good condition with no missing pages, no damage or soiling and tight spine. There may be some dog-eared pages showing previous use but overall a great book. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780007257492
Book Description . Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Bookseller Inventory # PL00484599B
Book Description . Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Bookseller Inventory # TT00357596B
Book Description Collins, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Good. Bookseller Inventory # BB00209489B
Book Description Collins 2008-02-04, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. All books are pre-owned and will have been read by someone else before you. They may well show signs of minor wear and tear. Please note, cover images are illustrative only, and the actual book cover and edition can vary. Bookseller Inventory # 9780007257492-21