An introductory atlas for secondary schools, perfectly designed to support and motivate Key Stage 3 students in geographical and mapping skills.
• Previously published as the award winning Collins Foundation World Atlas the Collins School Atlas has been revised and extended. It features 96 pages of clear, easy to read maps, satellite images, an atlas skills section and hundreds of statistics.
• This introductory atlas for secondary school students aged 11-14 is designed to help students develop map, atlas and data handling skills. The content adheres closely to the requirements of the National Curriculum and incorporates results of classroom testing.
• Its clear and accessible layout will motivate pupils of all abilities at Key Stage 3 and S1-S2. An easy to follow introductory 'map and atlas skills' section, useful for both teacher and pupil, is followed by clear, easy to read reference maps presented with locator maps, fact boxes and flags, descriptive text, detailed map keys and photos. For this new edition more detailed reference mapping of the British Isles is included.
• Carefully selected focus country studies include mapping on contrasting regions and special topics.
• The latest available country-by-country statistics are listed in a separate section and the index includes full latitude and longitude values.
• The extended world section in this edition covers all the global issues required by the National Curriculum e.g. climate, population, biomes, earthquakes and volcanoes.
• Colour coding of the titling and marginalia aids the identification of the sections within the atlas.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
“Here is an atlas that really targets its intended audience. It is pitched at just the right level…an atlas tailored to the curriculum and your pupils”TES TeacherBook Description:
Perfectly designed to support and motivate Key Stage 3 students.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Good. Dispatched, from the UK, within 48 hours of ordering. This book is in good condition but will show signs of previous ownership. Please expect some creasing to the spine and/or minor damage to the cover. Bookseller Inventory # CHL1018789
Book Description Collins, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Acceptable. USED BUT OTHERWISE OF ACCEPTABLE QUALITY ** SUPER FAST SHIPPING FROM UK WAREHOUSE ** 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Bookseller Inventory # mon0002290681
Book Description Collins 04/02/2008, 2008. Book Condition: Good. Will be shipped promptly from UK warehouse. Book is in good condition with no missing pages, no damage or soiling and tight spine. There may be some dog-eared pages showing previous use but overall a great book. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780007257492
Book Description Collins 04/02/2008, 2008. Book Condition: Good. This book is in good or better condition. It has no tears to the pages and no pages will be missing from the book. The spine of the book is still in great condition and the front cover is generally unmarked. It has signs of previous use but overall is in really nice, tight condition. Shipping is normally same day from our UK warehouse. We offer a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780007257492
Book Description Collins 04/02/2008, 2008. Book Condition: Very Good. This book is in very good condition and will be shipped within 24 hours of ordering. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged. This book has clearly been well maintained and looked after thus far. Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. See all our books here, order more than 1 book and get discounted shipping. . Bookseller Inventory # 7719-9780007257492
Book Description . Paperback. Book Condition: Good. The book has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and the cover is intact. Some minor wear to the spine. Bookseller Inventory # GOR002351699