Colour maps clearly showing locks, towpaths and boating facilities as well as comprehensive navigational notes.
First published in the 1970s, the Collins/Nicholson guides to the waterways are designed for anyone and everyone with an interest in Britain’s inland waterways – experienced boaters and those planning their first boat trip, walkers, cyclists and visitors.
• locks, bridges, tunnels, aqueducts, winding holes and the towpath;
• waterpoints, sanitary stations, pump out facilities and refuse disposal;
• boatyards, pubs, restaurants and shops;
• mile markers and milestones (distance in miles and number of locks to strategic points along the waterways).
• the history of each canal; local services and places of interest, pubs and restaurants;
• opportunities for walking and cycling.
Comprehensive navigational notes include:
• maximum dimensions and low bridges;
• mileages, advice and potential hazards;
• navigation authorities and contact details.
Waterways covered in this guide – Caldon and Leek Canals, Llangollen Canal, Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal, Neath & Tennant and Swansea Canals, Montgomery Canal, Shropshire Union Canal, Staffordshire & Worcestershire Canal, Trent & Mersey Canal, River Weaver.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2006. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: Used; Good. Dust jacket is damaged. Bookseller Inventory # 2123720
Book Description . Paperback. Book Condition: Good. The book has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and the cover is intact. Some minor wear to the spine. Bookseller Inventory # GOR001472577
Book Description Collins, Nicholson, 2007. Softcover. Book Condition: Fine. No Jacket. 2007. Nearly fine condition. New Edition. The number 1 best selling waterways guides. For all users of the inland waterways - boaters, visitors, walkers and cyclists. Spiral bound cardwraps. Colour photos and Ordnance survey maps. 175 pages plus index. 3rd impression of 2007 edition. [S]. Book. Bookseller Inventory # 1807442