Colour maps clearly showing locks, towpaths and boating facilities as well as comprehensive navigational notes.
First published in the 1970s, the Collins/Nicholson guides to the waterways are designed for anyone and everyone with an interest in Britain’s inland waterways – experienced boaters and those planning their first boat trip, walkers, cyclists and visitors.
• locks, bridges, tunnels, aqueducts, winding holes and the towpath;
• waterpoints, sanitary stations, pump out facilities and refuse disposal;
• boatyards, pubs, restaurants and shops;
• mile markers and milestones (distance in miles and number of locks to strategic points along the waterways).
• the history of each canal; local services and places of interest, pubs and restaurants;
• opportunities for walking and cycling.
Comprehensive navigational notes include:
• maximum dimensions and low bridges;
• mileages, advice and potential hazards;
• navigation authorities and contact details.
Waterways covered in this guide – Chelmer & Blackwater Navigation, Grand Union Canal, Lee & Stort Navigations, River Medway, Oxford Canal, River Thames.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HARPER COLLINS 4 CAR, 2006. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: Used: Very Good. Spiral bound. Clean, unmarked, tightly bound. Light wear. Photos available. (Heavy books and sets may require additional shipping charges, particularly if international). Bookseller Inventory # HD1063
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Fair. Bookseller Inventory # TT01458628B
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. The book has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Bookseller Inventory # GOR002928215