From the bestselling author of Bloodline of the Holy Grail and Lost Secrets of the Sacred Ark comes an explosive historical detective story, presenting secret archives on the mysterious life of Mary Magdalene, the hidden lineage of Jesus and Mary, and the real 2,000-year-old conspiracy involving the entire history of Christianity.
• Mary Magdalene is described in the New Testament as Jesus' close companion – a woman that he loved, and his financial sponsor. And yet, in contrast, the Church teaches that she was a prostitute who became repentant. Why the discrepancy between scripture and dogma?
• Why does Mary appeal so romantically to artists, who have painted her throughout the centuries as something much more significant than the Church traditionally portrays?
• What is the secret of Mary Magdalene and how much do we really know about her relationship with Jesus? Were they married? Did they have children, and if so, who makes up the messianic lineage?
Laurence Gardner takes us on a detective trail to piece together the true controversial significance of the Magdalene and its astonishing implications:
– the Da Vinci connection: The real meaning behind Leonardo da Vinci’s paintings and why the Renaissance Church censored portrayals of the Magdalene
- the sacred marriage of Jesus and Mary
- the truth about the enigmatic Templar society called The Priory of Sion and the underground stream that protected the sacred heritage of the messaianic descendants
- the truth behind the Knights Templar – who they were and what their role was
- the hidden gospel of the Magdalene, excluded from the New Testament canon
- Mary Magdalene – goddess or prostitute? Her life and exile in France
- the forbidden tomb: the secret resting place of Mary Magdalene
- the significance of the Magdalene to the history of Christianity
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Praise for Bloodline of the Holy Grail:
“A controversial and uniquely comprehensive book of Messianic descent, compiled from the most intriguing histories ever written.” Publishing News
“This book, provocative as it may be, is not a work of fiction, but the product of years of painstaking research. Committed Christians will find it casts fascinating light on the origins of their beliefs.” Daily Mail
“Here is more than enough evidence about continual plots to suppess our Messianic heritage.” The Times
• Laurence Gardner, a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, is a constitutional historian, lecturer and broadcaster.
• A Knight Templar of St. Anthony and Prior of the Sacred Kindred of St. Columba, he is also the internationally best-selling author of a cycle of books exploring the messianic dynasty of Jesus, Bloodline of the Holy Grail and Realm of the Ring Lords.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Element Books. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0007200846 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0002205
Book Description Element Books, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007200846