The first true beginner’s guide to astronomy, Wild Guide Night Sky provides an introduction to the subject that is both colourful and accessible.
A month-by-month guide to the night sky with charts and descriptions of the constellations that are visible and how to locate them.
• Everything featured is visible with the naked eye or binoculars
• Illustrates and describes comets, meteors, eclipses and other lights in the sky.
• Includes information on the changing positions of the planets over the next five years.
• Detailed descriptions of individual constellations, each with a chart.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
WANT TO DISCOVER MORE ABOUT THE NIGHT SKY?
DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START?
THIS IS THE GUIDE FOR YOU
• Photographs and charts help to identify all the northern constellations
• Month-by-month charts show the stars visible at different times of the year
• Includes charts for locating the planets over the next four years
• Photographs and maps of the Moon
• Details of forthcoming events and other phenomena, such as comets, meteors and aurorae
Storm Dunlop, author of Gem Photoguide Weather, has written numerous other books and articles on both astronomy and meteorology. Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society and the Royal Meteorological Society, he also teaches adult education classes, and gives lectures and talks.
Wil Tirion is the world’s leading Uranographer and his charts have appeared in astronomy books all over the world.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 7177909
Book Description Collins, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007177909