An exam-focused study of the three main issues about Stalin, designed specifically for today’s AS and A Level students.
This title covers:
• Why historians differ – an introduction to interpretations and historiography
• A brief biography, including a timeline and an ‘Understanding Stalin’ box
• Issue 1: How did he become leader of the USSR?
• Issue 2: Was his foreign policy defensive or expansionist?
• Issue 3: Was his domestic policy brutal but effective?
• Stalin: an assessment
• Further reading
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
An accessible biography of Stalin for A level History studentsAbout the Author:
John Philip is Assistant Headteacher, Little Heath School, Reading, and a Principal Examiner for A2 History.
Derrick Murphy, the Series Editor, is Deputy Principal, St Dominic’s VIth Form College, Harrow, and a Principal Examiner for OCR.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Good condition is defined as: a copy that has been read but remains in clean condition. All of the pages are intact and the cover is intact and the spine may show signs of wear. The book may have minor markings which are not specifically mentioned. Most items will be dispatched the same or the next working day. Bookseller Inventory # mon0005418933
Book Description Collins Educational, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Good condition, some are ex-library and can have markings. Bookseller Inventory # GD-198-X1-2975002