An exam-focused study of the three main issues about Philip II, designed specifically for today’s AS and A Level students.
This title covers:
• Why historians differ – an introduction to interpretations and historiography
• A brief biography, including a timeline and an ‘Understanding Philip II’ box
• Issue 1: Cruel tyrant or ‘paper king’?
• Issue 2: Did he strengthen the the Catholic Church?
• Issue 3: Was his foreign policy a ‘Grand Strategy’ or crisis management?
• Philip II: an assessment
• Further reading
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
An accessible biography of Philip II for A level History studentsAbout the Author:
Sheila Randall, Bruton School for Girls, Somerset, and Principal Examiner for A2 History.
Derrick Murphy, the Series Editor, is Deputy Principal, St Dominic’s VIth Form College, Harrow, and a Principal Examiner for OCR.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007173253