An exam-focused study of the three main issues about Gladstone, designed specifically for today’s AS and A Level students.
This title covers:
• Why historians differ – an introduction to interpretations and historiography
• A brief biography, including a timeline and an ‘Understanding Gladstone’ box
• Issue 1: What was ‘Gladstonian Liberalism’?
• Issue 2: Was Gladstone a reluctant imperialist?
• Issue 3: Did Gladstone have a ‘mission to pacify Ireland’?
• Gladstone: an assessment
• Further reading
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
An accessible biography of Gladstone for A level History studentsAbout the Author:
Graham Goodlad is Director of Sixth Form at St John’s College, Southsea.
Derrick Murphy, the Series Editor, is Deputy Principal, St Dominic’s VIth Form College, Harrow, and a Principal Examiner for OCR.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007173202