An introductory guide to 240 of the most common animals and plants to be found on and around the seashores of Britain and northwest Europe
Compact and easy-to-use, Wild Guide Seashore is the ideal nature guide to take with you on a day to the seaside, and is a must-have companion for anyone who lives near the coast. This essential family reference book is suitable for adult beginners as well as children aged ten upwards.
· Features a range of coastline habitats where species are most likely to occur, including cliffs, rocky shores, sand dunes, shingle and the beach
· Each habitat is illustrated by a different icon, so species are easy to find
· Introduces you to seaweeds, worms, molluscs, insects, fish, birds and mammals, and many other shoreline inhabitants
· Each plant and animal is illustrated with a full-colour photograph to aid quick identification
The main text about each species includes information on distribution, habitat and reproduction, while the ID fact file presents key identification features for quick and easy reference. Similar species are shown together and are cross-referenced to ensure correct and simple identification. Wild Guide Seashore is the perfect introductory guide to coastline wildlife for everyone who is wild about nature.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This Collins Gem is published in flexibinding, providing the durability of a hardback with the flexibility of a paperback. The stylish new cover design and the refreshed and accessible internal design will enliven this popular subject.
Divided into difference coastline habitats for ease of use, 'Collins Gem Seashore' is an ideal guide for families and children.
· Featured habitats include cliffs, rocky shores, sand dunes, saltmarsh, shingle and the strandline, with full details of the many species to be found in each
· Introductions to seaweeds, worms, molluscs, arthropods, fish, birds and mammals, and many other shore-line inhabitants
· Illustrations and full-colour photographs to aid quick identification
Ken Preston-Mafham, the author of this title, together with Rod and Jean Preston-Mafham, runs Premaphotos Wildlife, a natural history picture library based in Cornwall which boasts a stock of 75,000 colour photographs. He is a prolific author, having co-written a number of books including The Natural History of Insects, The Natural History of Spiders, The Encyclopaedia of Land Invertebrate Behaviour and Cacti: The Illustrated Dictionary.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Ex library copy with usual stamps/stickers Good condition is defined as: a copy that has been read but remains in clean condition. All of the pages are intact and the cover is intact and the spine may show signs of wear. The book may have minor markings which are not specifically mentioned. Most items will be dispatched the same or the next working day. Bookseller Inventory # mon0004405250
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. The book has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Bookseller Inventory # GOR002629935