A comprehensive introductory guide to yoga, which explains how yoga can benefit both the body and the mind.
Yoga is a fitness system that enhances well-being through relaxation and improves strength, suppleness and posture.
This excellent guide looks at the history of the practice of yoga and the Indian philosophy that it is founded upon, as well as introducing postures, techniques and ways to use yoga thought and action in daily life.
It offers a comprehensive insight into:
Different forms of yoga including Hatha – the most popular and extensively practised in the West.
• Simple methods for relaxing and meditating.
• Cleansing and purifying the body with yoga.
• How to perform yoga in order to improve strength, suppleness and posture.
• More advanced types of yoga philosophy, including chakras, kundalini and tantra.
The Way of Yoga is the only introduction you'll ever need!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'Discover a new Way of life'
This comprehensive introductory guide explains how yoga can improve both the body and the mind. Many people in the West now benefit from the physical practice of yoga, but this is only one aspect of the integrated way of life that yoga provides. This book looks at the history of the practice of yoga, and shows how yoga thought and action can be incorporated into daily life. It includes:
• Simple methods for relaxing and meditating
• How to take charge of your own health and energy
• How yoga postures fit into the total yoga system
• The secrets of personal space and serenity
'The Way of Yoga' is the only introduction you'll ever need!About the Author:
Cheryl Isaacson is an experienced yoga practitioner and teacher. She is also a journalist specialising in health, fitness and alternative medicine.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Element Books, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007156006