A book full of practical information on choosing the best type of birth experience for you and your baby and what to do in the final 8 weeks to prepare. Full of humour and encouraging birth stories, every mother-to-be will find it invaluable.
• Emma Mahony, humorous Times columnist whose Double Trouble stories about her two young twins charmed the nation, now gives you a first book on birth and the 8-week run-up to it. Taking a practical but lighthearted approach, she helps every new mother-to-be feel in control and ready for the big day.
• With positive stories from women who insisted on the right birth for them, as well as advice from experts in the field of childbirth, such as midwives, obstetricians and advocates of natural and water births.
• Why a good birth experience is a great objective
• How and why it’s best to avoid a ‘medicalised’ birth
• Everything you need to know about Caesarians
• What every woman is entitled to before labour
• How to write a birth plan and why it is useful
• Illustrated throughout with lighthearted cartoons from The Times’ front page cartoonist.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Emma Mahony is a successful journalist who currently works as feature writer for the Times. After being told she had to have her twins by caesarian and having a successful natural home birth instead she decided to write a book for women who want to know their choices and be comforted by a different perspective from the standard ‘obstetrician speak’.
Jonathan Pugh has been the front page cartoonist for the Times since 1996 and was voted Cartoonist of the Year at the 2001 Press Gazette Awards.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. Depending on your location, this item may ship from the US or UK. Bookseller Inventory # 97800071539920000000
Book Description Thorsons. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007153996. Bookseller Inventory # SKU037771
Book Description Thorsons, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007153996
Book Description HARPER COLLINS, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780007153992 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0981211
Book Description HarperCollins, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 288 pages. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0007153996
Book Description Thorsons, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007153996
Book Description Thorsons, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007153996
Book Description Thorsons, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-131-69-0173000