The essential book on growing and cultivating your flowers, this guide is informative, stylish, and accessible – as you would expect from the Collins Practical Gardener.
Flowers is an excellent volume in the innovative Collins Practical Gardener series, covering everything you need to know about planting and cultivating beautiful flowers.
The bulk of the book comprises a comprehensive directory of the most common flowers. Entries include:
• Background information on general characteristics, planting and care
• A visual chart listing the most popular varieties and cultivars, with instantly-accessed information on height, spread, colour of flower, hardiness, moisture and sunlight requirements
• Seasonal guides indicating when to plant and the flowering season
• Expert tip boxes for the best results
The book opens with a practical guide to essential gardening techniques that covers:
• Assessing your plot for soil quality, drainage, sun and shade
• Where to buy and how to tell if the plant is healthy
• growing flowers from seeds and bulbs
• When, how and where to plant
• Creative ideas for planting combinations
• Caring for your flowers throughout the year
• Increasing your stock with propagation techniques
The book closes with a section on plant problems that includes:
• A trouble-shooting flow chart to help identify the problem
• An exhaustive directory of all the pests and diseases you are likely to do battle with
The unique design and clear instruction typical of the Collins Practical Gardener makes Flowers the essential guide in its field.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Having trained at the world-renowned Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, and The Royal Horticultural Society's Garden at Wisley, Alan Toogood possesses extensive horticultural and plant knowledge. He has written numerous books on a wide range of gardening subjects, including 'The Mix and Match Planting Guide to Annuals and Perennials', 'Eyewitness Garden Handbook: Annuals and Biennials' and 'RHS: Propagating Plants', for which he received the Garden Writers' Guild award in 1999.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HARPER COLLINS PUBLISHERS, 2003. LEGATURA EDITORIALE. Book Condition: NUOVO. QUALI E COME COLTIVARLI,PP.160,FOT.COL.,PER OGNUNO TABELLE CON LE PRINCIPALI CARATTERIST.,SEMINA,COLORE,ALEZZA,ESPOS.UMIDITA' ECC.,CM.19X25,BROSS. Bookseller Inventory # 9780007146512
Book Description Collins, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007146515
Book Description Collins, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007146515