A brand-new paperback edition of Pastels Workshop by Jackie Simmonds. This popular practical course in pastel painting, full of inspiring ideas and expert instruction, is a wonderful way to gain mastery of the pastel medium.
Pastels Workshop is part of the Collins Painting Workshop series for the leisure painter, where the approach to learning to paint is based on active, ‘hands-on’ participation by the student. This approach combines instructional teaching by a professional artist with practical exercises and projects which are specifically designed to encourage students to develop their own style and ideas, rather than just copying those of other artists.
The book features:
PROJECTS – including a system of self- assessment to monitor progress
• EXERCISES – including several step-by-step
• TECHNIQUES – comprehensive guidelines on materials and methods
• PRACTICAL TIPS – helpful hints and checklists
• IDEAS – still life, flowers and gardens, landscapes, seascapes, figures and abstracts
• INSPIRATION – a wide selection of paintings to show different styles and techniques
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"A first rate practical course"
-'The Artist Magazine'
"An excellent book"
With its emphasis on practical work and the development of ideas, this book provides an ideal introduction to the wonderful subject of pastel painting. Whether you are a beginner or a painter with some experience you will find it an essential guide – inspirational as well as instructional – which will encourage you to paint pastels with increasing skill and confidence.
• Practical projects and exercises
• System of self-assessment
• Demonstration paintings
• Guidelines for improving painting skills
• Helpful tips and checklists
• Varied subject matter, including still life, flowers, gardens, landscapes, seascapes, figures and abstracts
• Inspirational work by well known contemporary artists
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harper UK, 2003. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0007142579
Book Description Harper UK, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007142579
Book Description Harper UK, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007142579
Book Description Harper UK. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007142579 We guarantee all of our items - customer service and satisfaction are our top priorities. Please allow 4 - 14 business days for Standard shipping, within the US. Bookseller Inventory # TM-0007142579
Book Description Harper UK, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007142579