The most comprehensive and informative garden book around, the Collins Complete Garden Manual covers all aspects of gardening, from planning and design to selecting plants to garden maintenance.This is truly the only garden book you’ll ever need.
A paperback edition of the bestselling Collins Complete Garden Manual, featuring a stunning new jacket design.
Part I: Garden Planning and Design – David Stevens
Includes complete garden plans, garden features, design advice for problem sites, plant selector charts.
Part II: Choosing Plants – Anne Swithinbank
Includes ornamental trees, shrubs for flower and foliage, climbing plants, roses, conifers, garden flowers, alpines and rock plants, water plants, plants for containers, houseplant guide, greenhouse and conservatory plant guide, wildlife gardening, children’s gardening.
Part II: Gardening in Practice – Sue Phillips
Includes choosing tools for every task, guide to garden soil, guide to feeding plants, guide to lawn care, the flower garden, greenhouse gardening guide, water gardens, guide to pruning, growing in containers, watering, how to raise new plants, composting, problem-solving, pests & termites.
Part IV: The Kitchen Garden Planner – Andi Clevely
Includes herbs, vegetables, fruit, variety guides.
Part V: Gardener’s Calendar – Adam Pasco
Includes month-by-month guide, plants of the month, at-a-glance garden care calendars.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This book literally has everything, from propagating to the vital gardener's calendar. -- Rooms & Living MagazineFrom the Back Cover:
• Features five of the country’s best-known gardening writers: Adam Pasco, David Stevens, Anne Swithinbank, Sue Phillips and Andi Clevely.
• Covers every element of modern gardening -- including layout and design, choosing and growing plants, practical tasks and creating produce for the kitchen.
• Garden calendar provides a step-by-step checklist for keeping gardens healthy and productive around the year.
• Includes hundreds of glorious colour photographs.
• The ultimate one-stop gardening reference for new and experience gardeners alik.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0007118570
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007118570