The prestigious Times branding adds distinction to this top-flight Dictionary & Thesaurus, which incorporates The Times Guide to English Style and Usage plus a 24 page full colour world atlas. It gives up-to-date language coverage plus alternative words, with matching dictionary and thesaurus entries shown on the same page.
The text includes all the new words and meanings you would expect to find in a top-of-the-range dictionary as well as thousands of synonyms and antonyms.
Spellings of all irregular or confusing words are given in full;
notes on current language are given for problem words;
over 200 specialist subjects, such as science and computing, are fully covered;
examples of real English are given on the same page for one-stop lookup;
the most helpful synonyms for each word are given first and highlighted;
antonym lists are given for many key words.
The Times Guide to English Style and Usage is an exceptionally helpful element. It provides unequivocal guidance on all sorts of points from spelling to the use of capitals, based on the preferred style for all Times writers. It is a rules-based guide, for those seeking a prescriptive solution to their queries, whereas the Dictionary is descriptive, offering advice.
The specially commissioned map section, with mapping derived from The Times Reference Atlas, incorporates a copious amount of information.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'The Times English Dictionary 'offers users a first class dictionary combined with matching thesaurus entries on the same page. A further benefit is the inclusion of 'the Times Guide to Style and Usage', and a twenty-four page, full colour world atlas.
• Concise dictionary text gives spelling, meaning, pronunciation, grammatical information and etymologies
• Usage notes advise on difficult or contentious language points
• Matching thesaurus entries given on the same pages for one-stop lookup
• Thesaurus entries numbered to correspond with the correct dictionary sense
• Useful antonym lists supplied
• 'The Times Guide to Style and Usage' offers guidelines for consistency in writing
• World Atlas consists of twenty-four full-colour maps
'The Times English Dictionary & Thesaurus' includes in one volume an outstanding dictionary, with matching thesaurus entries on the same page, 'The Times Guide to Style and Usage', and a world atlas.
• 'Dictionary' coverage is clear, concise and up to date
• 'Thesaurus' entries are matched to the dictionary entries on the same page
• 'The Times Guide' to Style and Usage offers clear rules for consistency in writing
• 'World Atlas' shows geographic information in twenty-four full-colour maps
''The Times English Dictionary & Thesaurus'' – a reference library in one volume
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2001. Gebundene Ausgabe. Schönes, innen wie außen sauberes Exemplar!!! Gelesene Ausgabe in gutem, sauberen Zustand. Seiten und Einband sind intakt. Buchrücken und Schutzumschlag können leichte Gebrauchsspuren aufweisen. Alle Preise inkl. MwSt. - Ihr Versandantiquariat Der-Philo-soph, der Online-Händler mit der schnellen Lieferung! An Werktagen versandfertig innerhalb 24 Stunden! 1520 S. Englisch 1999g. Bookseller Inventory # 650066
Book Description Collins 02/04/2001, 2001. Book Condition: used-good. - GREAT BOOK IN GOOD OR BETTER CONDITION, NORMALLY SENT SAME DAY FROM WAREHOUSE. Bookseller Inventory # 7719-9780007108572
Book Description Collins 02/04/2001, 2001. Book Condition: used-good. - GREAT BOOK IN GOOD OR BETTER CONDITION, NORMALLY SENT SAME DAY FROM WAREHOUSE. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780007108572
Book Description Collins 02/04/2001, 2001. Book Condition: used-good. GREAT BOOK IN GOOD OR BETTER CONDITION, NORMALLY SENT SAME DAY FROM WAREHOUSE. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780007108572