An up-to-date dictionary covering all the religions of the world. The 3200 articles reflect the people, places, concepts, practices and writings of the religions.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The Only Guide You'll Need to Understand Religion Today
In partnership with the American Academy of Religion, Harper San Francisco proudly presents the most comprehensive, easy-to-use one-volume guide to all the world's religions. A must for all students of religion and anyone seeking answers about the fascinating and diverse world of religious experience and practice.
• More than 3,200 articles covering a broad range of topic areas.
• 327 contributors, leading experts in all the fields of religion.
• In-depth and unbiased coverage of the major and lesser-known world religions, including ancient religions and new religious movements of the twentieth century.
• Eleven specially designed feature articles on the major traditions.
• Twenty-three maps, including maps with charts showing the current world distribution of major traditions.
• Timelines for major traditions.
• Graphs depicting the expansion of Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam.
• "Family tree" diagrams clearly indicating the branches of diverse traditions.
• One sixteen-page photo insert.
• Black-and-white photographs.
"As a guide to comprehending religion's institutions, texts, and doctrines as they inform and animate history, this is the state-of-the-art one-volume resource. How could it not be with Smith and Green at its helm and the leading specialists in the American Academy of Religion as their working team?"
HUSTON SMITH author of 'The World's Religions'
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harper Collins, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110006279678
Book Description Harpercollins, 1995. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0006279678
Book Description Harpercollins, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0006279678
Book Description Harpercollins, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0006279678
Book Description Harper Collins. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0006279678 We guarantee all of our items - customer service and satisfaction are our top priorities. Please allow 4 - 14 business days for Standard shipping, within the US. Bookseller Inventory # TM-0006279678
Book Description Harper Collins. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0006279678 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW4.0001004