An up-to-date dictionary covering all the religions of the world. The 3200 articles reflect the people, places, concepts, practices and writings of the religions.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The Only Guide You'll Need to Understand Religion Today
In partnership with the American Academy of Religion, Harper San Francisco proudly presents the most comprehensive, easy-to-use one-volume guide to all the world's religions. A must for all students of religion and anyone seeking answers about the fascinating and diverse world of religious experience and practice.
• More than 3,200 articles covering a broad range of topic areas.
• 327 contributors, leading experts in all the fields of religion.
• In-depth and unbiased coverage of the major and lesser-known world religions, including ancient religions and new religious movements of the twentieth century.
• Eleven specially designed feature articles on the major traditions.
• Twenty-three maps, including maps with charts showing the current world distribution of major traditions.
• Timelines for major traditions.
• Graphs depicting the expansion of Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam.
• "Family tree" diagrams clearly indicating the branches of diverse traditions.
• One sixteen-page photo insert.
• Black-and-white photographs.
"As a guide to comprehending religion's institutions, texts, and doctrines as they inform and animate history, this is the state-of-the-art one-volume resource. How could it not be with Smith and Green at its helm and the leading specialists in the American Academy of Religion as their working team?"
HUSTON SMITH author of 'The World's Religions'
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Fount, 1996. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. A slight tan to the page edges. Light foxing to the page edges. Good condition is defined as: a copy that has been read but remains in clean condition. All of the pages are intact and the cover is intact and the spine may show signs of wear. The book may have minor markings which are not specifically mentioned. Most items will be dispatched the same or the next working day. Bookseller Inventory # mon0006257299
Book Description Fount, 1996. Hard Cover. Book Condition: Good. Dust Jacket Condition: Good. A good hbk copy in good d/w. 8vo. Bookseller Inventory # 134814
Book Description Harper C, 1996. Hardcover. Book Condition: Very Good. Dust Jacket Condition: Very Good. A very substantial volume with mint jacket. Illustrated and published at £40. 1154 pages. 1.8kg. a small faint stain on top page edge otherwise a superb copy. Bookseller Inventory # 8107
Book Description Harper Sanfrancisco, 1996. Hard Cover. Book Condition: Very Good. Dust Jacket Condition: Very Good. with 1154 pages. illustrated. publisged @£40. dj has indentation. Bookseller Inventory # 018313
Book Description Harper Collins 1995-01-01, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: Fair. Fourth Edition. 0006279678 We guarantee all of our items - customer service and satisfaction are our top priorities. Please allow 4 - 14 business days for Standard shipping, within the US. Bookseller Inventory # POTM-0006279678
Book Description Harper Collins, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: Very Good. Bookseller Inventory # P020006279678