Fifth revised edition of the dictionary which offers coverage of vocabulary from every area of modern life: business, computing, medicine, the environment, sport and literature. It features thousands of new words in French and English and new to this edition are entries on aspects of French life and culture and treatment of the more complex words.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'Collins-Robert French Dictionary'
This fourth edition of the world's leading French-English dictionary retains all the proven qualities that have revolutionised the world of French dictionaries. Its comprehensiveness and accuracy mark it out from all others while its attractive presentation makes it extremely easy to use.
The extensive wordlists are based on the authoritative evidence of the Bank of English and on Le Robert's French language monitoring programme. The highly-acclaimed 'Language in Use' section also draws on these vast-language databases to give examples of 'real' language, ensuring that the user is never in doubt as to the accuracy and authenticity of their written and spoken French.
• Over 300,000 references and 550,000 translations
• In-depth coverage of vocabulary from every area of modern life: business, computing, medicine, sport, the environment
• 72-page 'Language in Use' supplement – an indispensable thematic guide to communicating in French and English using examples of 'real' language
• User-friendly system of symbols links the dictionary to the 'Language in Use' section
• The world's leading French-English dictionary
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0004705831