The ideal atlas for home use, study and project work from the authoritative Collins atlas range.
The Collins range of world atlases uses the latest cartographic technology to create mapping that is authoritative, up-to-date, clear and accessible. At the same time, the atlases retain the design quality, visual elegance and authority that is an outstanding feature of the Collins range.
The mapping in this atlas has been carefully planned to provide excellent world coverage and all the essential information required in a general reference atlas for family and home use, and for school and college study.
Thematic maps, graphics and statistics provide information on contemporary geographical issues including climate, population, world health, world wealth and global communications.
The atlas includes:
96 pages of detailed reference maps providing coverage of the whole world
• 32 page geographical encyclopaedia section with key reference data and information on major geographical themes and contemporary world issues
• Statistics for all the world’s countries, including area, population, capital city, languages, religions and currency
• Index to over 45 000 place names
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
• The highest quality mapping derived from the world-renowned Bartholomew Database – accurate, authoritative and accessible.
• With their contemporary approach to world mapping, 'Collins' World Atlases are ideal for school and educational use.
• More than just mapping – profiles of nations, satellite views, astronomical, demographic, political, climatic, environmental, and geological information.
• Smart new navy blue and red livery ties the atlases in with their dictionary cousins – 'Collins' is 'the' brand for modern reference.
COLLINS ESSENTIAL ATLAS OF THE WORLD
• 128 pages of clear and accessible colour mapping created from the latest sources
• 32 page geographical encyclopaedia section on contemporary world issues
• 96 pages of detailed reference maps
• Comprehensive index to over 45,000 place names
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description South-Western Educational Publishing, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0004486110
Book Description South-Western Educational Publishing, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0004486110