A layman’s guide to the generic wines of France – no flamboyant, obscure descriptions, just plain talking for those – like Floyd – who enjoy a glass of wine.
The book accompanies 8 x 30 minute programmes for Channel 5, screening prime time from 9 November 1998
• Each programme will be a mini regional wine tour, aided by Floyd’s relaxed style. He’ll meet the characters who reflect the lifestyle of the area, share a joke, a meal and a few bottles of the locally produced wine. He’ll also be cooking up some delicious food, using wines of the various regions.
• Master of Wine Jonathan Pedley adds weight to the informative side of the programme, and has a good rapport with Floyd. Pedley will explain all about wine tasting and the differences between the various wines – how they are made, characteristics, etc.
• Book will feature locations shots of Floyd and Pedley in France and recipe shots. There will be 10 recipes – one or two for each region, 8 illustrated in colour.
• Locations are: Loire, Bordeaux, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Rhone, Burgundy, Alsace, Champagne
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'Plonk without the plonkers is what we get from Keith Floyd...as he fearlessly bans all overblown descriptive language from his wine show.' Victor Lewis-Smith, Evening StandardFrom the Back Cover:
Noted for his fondness for a little slurp while he cooks, Floyd now turns his attention to what's actually in the bottle, in this refreshingly uncomplicated look at wine and how to enjoy it.
'Floyd Uncorked' features the eight wine-producing regions of France and includes:
• a layman's guide to wine – understanding, choosing and enjoying
• classic recipes specially selected to use and be accompanied by the wines of each region
• no flamboyant, obscure descriptions – just plain talking for those who, like Floyd himself, enjoy a glass or two of wine
• full colour photographs throughout
The ideal book to take with you on holiday to France, 'Floyd Uncorked' accompanies the Channel 5 television series of the same name.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harpercollins Pub Ltd, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110004140591
Book Description HarperCollins Illustrated, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0004140591
Book Description Harpercollins Pub Ltd, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0004140591
Book Description Harpercollins Pub Ltd, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 4140591
Book Description Harpercollins Pub Ltd, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0004140591