This collection of 100 recipes for cakes, pastries and desserts reflects traditional and new flavours, seasonal ingredients and times for celebration throughout the year.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
What would afternoon tea be without pastries and cakes or dinner without dessert? Luscious gateaux, tarts and trifles, warming puddings and spicy pies are always welcome, whatever the time of day or year.
In ' Perfect Pastries, Puddings and Desserts', Anton Edelmann, Maître Chef at The Savoy, together with his Pastry Chef Derek Rooke has created 100 easy recipes for stunning cakes, perfect pastries and delicious desserts, with many illustrated in mouth-watering colour photographs.
Cakes, pastries, pies, desserts and puddings are always welcome whatever the time of day or year. A dinner without a dessert, or tea without pastries and cakes, is unthinkable, and in 'Perfect Pastries, Puddings & Desserts', Anton Edelmann, Maître Chef at The Savoy, together with his Pastry Chef Derek Rooke, revives some traditional favourites as well as devising some utterly irresistible dishes to fit any occasion.
Selected to follow the seasons through the year, the recipes suit all occasions – special ones or everyday events.
• In the early months of the year what better than comforting Pear and Ginger Strudel, Pecan Pie, or spicy tarts using the dried fruits of winter. Then on Shrove Tuesday all manner of pancakes are the order of the day, and on Mothering Sunday what nicer gift to surprise her with than a delicious Masala Almond Cake or a rich Chocolate Gateau.
• Easter favourites such as Simnel Cake and hot cross buns are easy to make and popular with all, and if Spring proves chilly, waffles or moist, delicious Carrot Cake will put the world to rights.
• Summer brings picnics, weddings, fêtes and 'al fresco' eating and allows us to indulge ourselves in light, delicious Raspberry Meringues, Wild Strawberry and Fromage Frais Ice Cream or Elderflower Pudding. Strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are all turned into luscious gateaux, tarts and trifles, and what better way of serving summer fruits than in Anton's marvellous Summer Pudding.
• The autumn fruits have beautiful colours and strong flavours and lend themselves to wonderful tarts and puddings – Plum and Hazelnut Tart, Damson Compote with Clotted Cream, Prune and Armagnac Pudding Soufflé, and Hazelnut Pie.
• At Christmas there are traditional family favourites to enjoy such as Anton's marzipan-filled Stollen and special Yule Log with Griottine cherries, Spiced Wine with Fruit, and Linzertorte – full of flavours for the festive season.
'Perfect Pastries, Puddings and Desserts' is a wonderful collection of recipes that will tempt the strongest of will powers and be turned to again and again throughout the year.
Anton Edelmann is Maître Chef des Cuisines of The Savoy in London. Having previously worked in Switzerland, Belgium and Germany, and with Anton Mosimann at the Dorchester, he oversaw the opening of the Grosvenor House's prestigious restaurant, Ninety Park Lane. During his time at The Savoy, he has gained many accolades, including the 1991 Caterer and Housekeeper Chef of the Year Award. He regularly travels as a consultant chef to the USA, Thailand and Japan. Anton Edelmann's other books include 'The Savoy Food and Drink Book, Canapés and Frivolities, Creative Cuisine, Fast Feasts' and 'Christmas Feast'.
Derek Rooke is Head Pastry Chef of The Savoy. He has worked for many prestigious restaurants including Claridge's, The Park Lane Hotel and Ninety Park Lane. Among his many commissions he has created wedding cakes for royalty, desserts for state banquets and sugar work pieces for television.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 4140117