This collection of 100 recipes for cakes, pastries and desserts reflects traditional and new flavours, seasonal ingredients and times for celebration throughout the year.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
What would afternoon tea be without pastries and cakes or dinner without dessert? Luscious gateaux, tarts and trifles, warming puddings and spicy pies are always welcome, whatever the time of day or year.
In ' Perfect Pastries, Puddings and Desserts', Anton Edelmann, Maître Chef at The Savoy, together with his Pastry Chef Derek Rooke has created 100 easy recipes for stunning cakes, perfect pastries and delicious desserts, with many illustrated in mouth-watering colour photographs.
Cakes, pastries, pies, desserts and puddings are always welcome whatever the time of day or year. A dinner without a dessert, or tea without pastries and cakes, is unthinkable, and in 'Perfect Pastries, Puddings & Desserts', Anton Edelmann, Maître Chef at The Savoy, together with his Pastry Chef Derek Rooke, revives some traditional favourites as well as devising some utterly irresistible dishes to fit any occasion.
Selected to follow the seasons through the year, the recipes suit all occasions – special ones or everyday events.
• In the early months of the year what better than comforting Pear and Ginger Strudel, Pecan Pie, or spicy tarts using the dried fruits of winter. Then on Shrove Tuesday all manner of pancakes are the order of the day, and on Mothering Sunday what nicer gift to surprise her with than a delicious Masala Almond Cake or a rich Chocolate Gateau.
• Easter favourites such as Simnel Cake and hot cross buns are easy to make and popular with all, and if Spring proves chilly, waffles or moist, delicious Carrot Cake will put the world to rights.
• Summer brings picnics, weddings, fêtes and 'al fresco' eating and allows us to indulge ourselves in light, delicious Raspberry Meringues, Wild Strawberry and Fromage Frais Ice Cream or Elderflower Pudding. Strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are all turned into luscious gateaux, tarts and trifles, and what better way of serving summer fruits than in Anton's marvellous Summer Pudding.
• The autumn fruits have beautiful colours and strong flavours and lend themselves to wonderful tarts and puddings – Plum and Hazelnut Tart, Damson Compote with Clotted Cream, Prune and Armagnac Pudding Soufflé, and Hazelnut Pie.
• At Christmas there are traditional family favourites to enjoy such as Anton's marzipan-filled Stollen and special Yule Log with Griottine cherries, Spiced Wine with Fruit, and Linzertorte – full of flavours for the festive season.
'Perfect Pastries, Puddings and Desserts' is a wonderful collection of recipes that will tempt the strongest of will powers and be turned to again and again throughout the year.
Anton Edelmann is Maître Chef des Cuisines of The Savoy in London. Having previously worked in Switzerland, Belgium and Germany, and with Anton Mosimann at the Dorchester, he oversaw the opening of the Grosvenor House's prestigious restaurant, Ninety Park Lane. During his time at The Savoy, he has gained many accolades, including the 1991 Caterer and Housekeeper Chef of the Year Award. He regularly travels as a consultant chef to the USA, Thailand and Japan. Anton Edelmann's other books include 'The Savoy Food and Drink Book, Canapés and Frivolities, Creative Cuisine, Fast Feasts' and 'Christmas Feast'.
Derek Rooke is Head Pastry Chef of The Savoy. He has worked for many prestigious restaurants including Claridge's, The Park Lane Hotel and Ninety Park Lane. Among his many commissions he has created wedding cakes for royalty, desserts for state banquets and sugar work pieces for television.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 1996. Hardcover. Book Condition: Used; Very Good. Dispatched, from the UK, within 48 hours of ordering. Though second-hand, the book is still in very good shape. Minimal signs of usage may include very minor creasing on the cover or on the spine. Bookseller Inventory # CHL1442117
Book Description HarperCollins Canada / Collins Refere. Hardcover. Book Condition: Very Good. Book has appearance of light use with no easily noticeable wear. Bookseller Inventory # G0004140117I4N00
Book Description HarperCollins Canada / Collins Refere. Hardcover. Book Condition: As New. Nearly new condition book. Bookseller Inventory # G0004140117I2N00
Book Description Collins, 1996. Hardcover. Book Condition: Very Good. Very Good: a copy that has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Most items will be dispatched the same or the next working day. Bookseller Inventory # mon0005848586
Book Description Collins, 1996. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. All orders are dispatched the following working day from our UK warehouse. Established in 2004, we have over 500,000 books in stock. No quibble refund if not completely satisfied. Bookseller Inventory # mon0002340970
Book Description Collins 02/12/1996, 1996. Book Condition: Good. This book is in good or better condition. It has no tears to the pages and no pages will be missing from the book. The spine of the book is still in great condition and the front cover is generally unmarked. It has signs of previous use but overall is in really nice, tight condition. Shipping is normally same day from our UK warehouse. We offer a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780004140117
Book Description Collins 02/12/1996, 1996. Book Condition: Very Good. This book is in very good condition and will be shipped within 24 hours of ordering. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged. This book has clearly been well maintained and looked after thus far. Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. See all our books here, order more than 1 book and get discounted shipping. . Bookseller Inventory # 7719-9780004140117
Book Description Collins 02/12/1996, 1996. Book Condition: Good. Will be shipped promptly from UK warehouse. Book is in good condition with no missing pages, no damage or soiling and tight spine. There may be some dog-eared pages showing previous use but overall a great book. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780004140117
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Bookseller Inventory # TT00611123B
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Bookseller Inventory # PL00226159B