This guide is aimed at those who may only have a small garden area, but who wish to make the most of it - whether a small garden, patio, terrace or alleyway. It provides ideas for creating a range of gardens to suit readers' space, style and needs. It explains how to plant and maintain a garden or patio that will provide colour and interest throughout the year. Using colour photographs and practical step-by-steps, its emphasis is on the rewards and pleasures of gardening, and how to get impressive results quickly and easily. The book's down-to-earth and deliberately non-technical approach should appeal to the majority of gardeners, especially those who have limited time and need a little encouragement to get into gardening.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'HOW TO WIN AT SMALL GARDENS AND PATIOS' PUTS THE REWARDS AND PLEASURES OF GARDENING WITHIN EVERYONE'S REACH.
This most accessible easy-reference guide:
• Will help anyone who wants to make the most of their small garden, patio, terrace or alleyway
• Is written for the vast majority of gardeners, from enthusiastic beginners to reluctant Sunday-afternoon gardeners
• Is packed with practical tips and ideas covering everything from choosing the best plants to selecting garden furniture and barbecues
• Is illustrated with inspiring colour photographs and practical step-by-step sequences, including how to construct patios, paths and fences
• Shows how to achieve results quickly and easily, using all the tricks of the trade
The authors have a wealth of horticultural knowledge and experience and write in a style that is a pleasure to read.
Richard Jackson presents Meridian TV's popular 'Grass Roots' gardening series. He broadcasts regularly on satellite TV and writes a monthly page for BBC 'Gardener's World' magazine.
Carolyn Hutchinson writes for many gardening magazines and is a regular contributor to 'Practical Gardening' and 'Garden Answers'.About the Author:
Richard Jackson presents Meridian TV’s ‘Grass Roots’. He also writes for all the leading gardening magazines.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 4140028