This very successful book by top TV artist Alwyn Crawshaw has sold over 60,000 copies in hardback and is now being reissued in paperback. It covers everything that the beginner needs to know about watercolour painting in 32 comprehensive lessons. Filled with clear instruction and wonderful examples, this is a great introduction to watercolours.
Readers are encouraged to work through each lesson in turn so that gradually they will improve their technique and gain in confidence. Alwyn Crawshaw explains each process clearly and offers advice and encouragement at every stage.
The book includes:
A series of practical lessons covering all the basic watercolour methods and techniques
• Simple exercises and several step-by-step painting demonstrations, with clear and detailed instructions
• Revealing examples of ‘what went wrong’, showing how to avoid common painting problems
• A wide variety of subjects – trees, water, skies, flowers, buildings, people, boats and animals
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
In this bestselling book (over 60,000 copies sold in hardback), well-known TV artist Alwyn Cranshaw helps you to master the popular art of painting in watercolour. He covers everything the beginner needs to know in this complete course of 32 lessons, with many step-by-step demonstrations.
The course is progressive and really does start with the basics. Readers are encouraged to work through each lesson in turn, in this way gradually improving their technique and gaining in confidence.
• 32 self-contained progressive lessons
• Simple exercises on brush control and how to use washes
• Advice on colours and how to mix them
• Basic exercises on drawing, measuring and perspective
• Hints on how to paint from your photographs
Alwyn Crawshaw has written over 20 books on art instruction, all published by HarperCollins. He has a huge following among amateur painters and has made 8 successful TV series on Channel 4 and the Discovery Channel, as well as many videos on painting. Amongst other acheivements, Alwyn founded the Society of Amateur Artists, is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and a past president of the National Acrylic Painters’ Association. He regularly contributes to Leisure Painter magazine.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110004133498
Book Description Collins, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0004133498
Book Description Collins, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0004133498