A brand-new paperback edition of Pastels Workshop by Jackie Simmonds. Originally published in hardback in 1994, it is a popular practical course in pastel painting.
Pastels Workshop is part of the Collins Painting Workshop series for the leisure painter, where the approach to learning to paint is based on active, ‘hands-on’ participation by the student. This approach combines instructional teaching by a professional artist with practical exercises and projects which are specifically designed to encourage students to develop their own style and ideas, rather than just copying those of other artists.
The book features:
• PROJECTS – including a system of self-assessment to monitor progress
• EXERCISES – including several step-by-step demonstrations
• TECHNIQUES – comprehensive guidelines on materials and methods
• PRACTICAL TIPS – helpful hints and checklists
• IDEAS – still life, flowers and gardens, landscapes, seascapes, figures and abstracts
• INSPIRATION – a wide selection of paintings to show different styles and techniques
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
• Practical projects and exercises
• System of self-assessment
• Demonstration paintings
• Guidelines for improving painting skills
• Helpful tips and checklists
• Varied subject matter, including still life, flowers, gardens, landscapes, seascapes, figures and abstracts
• Inspirational work by well-know contemporary artists
"…a first-rate practical course…"
"…an excellent book…"
Jackie Simmonds is a well-known pastel artist and an excellent teacher and communicator. She writes regularly for The Artist magazine and runs very popular and successful workshops and painting holidays.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 1997. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 4133226