This book contains 35 simple projects for making, filling and decorating baskets. Step-by-step photographs show the stages involved for each basket, with a list of the ingredients needed and notes on putting them together. All the baskets have seasonal themes.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Decoratively filled baskets are the perfect way to present a gift or to embellish your home. This book contains over 35 original but simple projects for making, filling and decorating different baskets. All with a seasonal theme, they celebrate festivals, including Easter, harvest-time, Christmas and Thanksgiving, or can be used to commemorate special occasions such as Valentine's Day, a birthday or anniversary.
While many of the projects draw on floral-inspired traditional country crafts, using flowers, plants and herbs, more innovative schemes involve the use of corn, wheat, fruit and seedheads and materials as diverse as shells, painted eggs, candles, biscuits and chocolates.
These bountiful baskets are filled with:
• fresh and everlasting flowers • painted Easter eggs • gingerbread men • lavender • fresh and dried poppies • picnics • shells • aromatic oils and herbs • wheat, oats, corn dollies • sewing threads and tapestry wools • Christmas offerings
There is a detailed 'recipe' for putting each basket together, with photographic steps showing the practical stages involved. But all the projects allow plenty of scope for individual creativity: whether you are assembling a Valentine's basket of red roses or an appetizing picnic hamper, you can make your baskets entirely personal.
'Elizabeth Jane Lloyd' created all the baskets in this book. She was a successful painter whose work has been exhibited world-wide; many of her paintings have been used for greeting cards and posters. She also taught fine art and gave workshops all over the world. She has written two previous books: her book on wreaths, 'Enchanted Circles, 'sold widely in both Europe and the United States. The more recent 'Watercolour Still Lives' is one of a series of books produced in association with the Royal Academy.
'Lucy Peel', a freelance journalist and author, wrote the text. She is the co-author of two previous books, ''50 & '60s Style 'and 'An Introduction to 20th Century Architecture'.
• Over 35 creative ideas for decorative baskets, from baskets brimming with fresh flowers or dried seedheads to shell baskets, work baskets and picnic hampers.
• Seasonal themes bring you Easter baskets full of painted eggs, bounteous harvest baskets with wheat, oats and corn, and a trio of Christmas baskets – filled with candles, pomanders and crackers – to decorate your home for the festivities.
• Foolproof 'recipes' are included for making each project, with lists or ingredients and illustrated steps showing how to put them together.
• Glorious full-colour photographs of each basket will inspire you to be creative and to make your own personal offerings.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins Publishers. Book Condition: New. pp. 96. Bookseller Inventory # 4693320
Book Description Collins, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0004129679