This book provides learners of English from intermediate level upwards with a wealth of course and practice material. Descriptions of over 100 basic verb patterns.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This book provides learners of English from intermediate level upwards with a wealth of course and practice material. It presents a new description of English verbs and their patterns, based on the most complete corpus analysis of verbs ever undertaken. Each pattern is explained, and the verbs sharing a pattern are listed in groups according to meaning. Clear examples show the learner exactly how the verbs are used.
• clear and spacious layout
• explanations of verb patterns on left hand pages, stimulating exercises on right hand pages
• description of over 100 basic verb patterns
• derived from the user-friendly grammar coding in the new, revised 'Collins Cobuild English Dictionary'
• tables showing clearly the elements in each verb pattern
• hundreds of real spoken and written examples taken from 'The Bank of English'
• lists of frequent verbs supporting the explanations
Based on 'Collins Cobuild Grammar Patterns 1: Verbs', winner of the English-Speaking Union Duke of Edinburgh award, 1996
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins CoBUILD, 1997. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0003750906