'GRAMMAR PATTERNS 2: NOUNS AND ADJECTIVES'
This is the first authoritative and comprehensive survey of English noun and adjective patterns. It presents an innovative description of English nouns and adjectives, based on the most complete corpus analysis of these words ever undertaken. The principle subclasses of nouns and adjectives are set out fully, and then each pattern in which they occur is explained in detail. All words with that pattern are listed in groups based on meaning. Examples show the teacher and learner exactly how the nouns and adjectives are used, supporting productive language learning. The comprehensive lists provide an excellent resource for vocabulary building.
• detailed treatment of 100 noun and adjective patterns
• coverage of 10,000 nouns and adjectives
• thousands of real examples taken from The Bank of English
• tables showing clearly the elements in each pattern
• hundreds of illuminating lists of nouns and adjectives with similar meanings and functions
• indexes of patterns, nouns and adjectives
• word frequency information
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want